PDA

View Full Version : Help with camshaft bearings?

chavisca
01-07-2014, 01:30 AM
I've looked and searched literally everywhere and cannot find cam bearings. I've had a cam sitting at the house and need to get the bearings. Does anyone know where I can find them?

cygnus x-1
01-07-2014, 09:42 AM
There aren't any cam bearings for these engines. The cam sits in journals bored directly into the head casting. I know it sounds weird but that's how it is. They run on a film of pressurized oil that comes up through the block.

C|

chavisca
01-07-2014, 08:34 PM
There aren't any cam bearings for these engines. The cam sits in journals bored directly into the head casting. I know it sounds weird but that's how it is. They run on a film of pressurized oil that comes up through the block.

C|

Oh my gosh I'm so happy to hear that.
I just assumed they had bearings without even looking. No wonder I can't find them anywhere. I appreciate it greatly, thank you.

Charlie5280
01-16-2014, 08:28 PM

C|

Do other Honda motors require cam bearings?

I've never heard of such a thing.......

lostforawhile
01-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Do other Honda motors require cam bearings?

I've never heard of such a thing.......
they have been like this since at least the 70's I believe, overhead cam is all, the oil pressure is the cam bearing. A lot of american cars this age normally have very low psi at idel, these cars have a much higher idle oil pressure for this reason

Dr_Snooz
01-18-2014, 07:17 AM
^^^??? How do you figure? Honda's idle oil pressure specs are as low as 10 psi for my '93 Accord. My GM V8 always sits above 30 psi. Every time my brother gets in my Honda, he says, "Dude, what's wrong with your oil pressure?"

lostforawhile
01-18-2014, 05:22 PM
^^^??? How do you figure? Honda's idle oil pressure specs are as low as 10 psi for my '93 Accord. My GM V8 always sits above 30 psi. Every time my brother gets in my Honda, he says, "Dude, what's wrong with your oil pressure?"

the early ones are much higher, thats the minimum spec I believe, mine idles at around 45 psi