PDA

View Full Version : Prelude 2.0 Si spoiler? Will it fit?

Mike's89AccordLX
11-19-2002, 06:41 PM
Here's the thing, I went to the junkyard and found an older prelude with a spoiler and si rims. Well I figured hey, why not. I bought both of them for $60. 3 of the tires on the rims have a lot of tread still. The spoiler is in great shape. I want to put the spoiler on my 89 lx. I put is next to the trunk lid and it looked like it would fit pretty close. (little mods to make it fit) Has anyone tried putting the spoiler on? I think it looks pretty sweet. I might try to somehow turn the Si logo on it into a Ci. The rims have all center caps and are in great shape considering how old they are. They are light as hell!!! I want to refinish the rims. Sand them polish them and re-clear coat them. I have a dremel tool that I plan to use (faster). What grits of paper do I use. My dad is an autobody guy so he has the really really fine stuff. What grit do I start off with and work too? I was thinking like 250 to 2000. Tell me what you think.:chainsaw:

89AccordNate
11-19-2002, 06:48 PM
If hes a body guy, he would be the one to ask about the grit of the sandpaper. As for the Si spoiler, if you have the spoiler in your possession, then why not set it on there and see if it will fit?

And what would the Ci mean over the Si? Ci would be retarded.

Nate.

socal3rdgen
11-19-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
If hes a body guy, he would be the one to ask about the grit of the sandpaper. As for the Si spoiler, if you have the spoiler in your possession, then why not set it on there and see if it will fit?

And what would the Ci mean over the Si? Ci would be retarded.

Nate.

umm nate the ci has 10 horse power over the si. the s in si is to heavy

come on nate :wtf: are you on crack you should know that.

Mike's89AccordLX
11-19-2002, 07:00 PM
Well it would be pretty dumb having a Sport injection logo on my car when it's carbed. Carb injection (Ci)

Mike's89AccordLX
11-19-2002, 10:32 PM
Ok I was wondering if I can sandblast the rims to get the clear coat off? Tried sanding and using dremel and it's taking way too long. I did it for like an hour and a half and didn't see much difference. Is there any chemical that can get a clear coat off and not harm the aluminum? My dad thought mabye using a DA Sander to get it off fast. I think if sandblasting would work I would prefer that than to use the DA. What do you guys think?

89accordboi
11-20-2002, 08:16 PM
mikes89accord u strike me as an older guy for some reason, how old are you btw? (nothing derogatory)

dXsquared
11-21-2002, 02:13 PM
are they mesh style? http://mcnally.cc/pics/86prel.jpg these are the wheels and spoiler i got on the part car i bought. are urs the same? the spoiler is made of rubber or somthin!

Travis

dXsquared
11-21-2002, 05:32 PM
so is this it?

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
11-22-2002, 05:50 PM
The wheels have like five spokes. And the spoiler is like a foamy rubbery thing. Like a chew toy. And I'm only 18 but I'm going to be 19 on 4/20/03. I just have been around cars my entire life and my dad shows me how to do stuff too. Why do you say that I strike you as an older guy? Oh by the way, I started cleaning the rims up and it's fricken hard to do. (long process) I didn't expect it to be this hard. One of them is clearcoat free. I dont know if I want to paint them though.

3rdGenMartyr
11-23-2002, 12:12 AM
You must have picked up the slanted five spokes that you can also find on older Acuras, my buddy owns an 89 lude and has those same wheels, those are the same ones i've been looking for they'll look really sweet on your car....

as far as for sandblasting them... anyone that has used a sandblaster knows that a lighter metal will deteriorate in front of you if you stay in one spot too long... i used to sand balst brass valves on chlorine tanks, and ive ruined alot of them trying to get thread sealer off.... if you do decide to use a sandblaster, be very, very careful or you'll make them pitted it spots, and that will not look good at all..... i would take the long road and sand them down, depending on what color your car is painting them might look good, i know they look good black on a white car

let me know what you decide on

dXsquared
11-23-2002, 07:01 PM
that is the same spoiler i had on my car. i didnt take it off cuz hatches already have them!

Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
11-24-2002, 07:51 PM
What I decided is to use a DA sander to sand the outer part of the rims and i'm going to use these little flap wheels to sand the inner parts of them. I have a goldish silverish color. I think it's champagne color. Any ideas on what to paint them? I was told to powder coat them silver or aluminum color. What do you guys think I should do? P.S. I get my WEBER 32/36 on Wednesday!!!!!!! I can't wait.

Mike's89AccordLX
11-25-2002, 11:14 PM
I got my weber for $330. They beat the price of the competators. Got it at carbsunlimited and said that topend performance had them for $339 and they beat it for me. So its an even better deal.

AccordEpicenter
11-26-2002, 12:42 PM
What if you powdercoated them like a darker gunmetal grey, its more custom than silver, looks nicer too on some cars

88Ex-i
11-26-2002, 05:53 PM
I got my spoiler off a Prelude Si from a junkyard last year. It fit fine. I just got it painted and on it went.

http://hondasport19.150m.com/myride/002.jpg

Mike's89AccordLX
11-27-2002, 06:11 AM
If I powdercoat the rims, I still have to sand them down but not to a polish, right? I think I really like the gunmetal idea. Powdercoating rims rocks! :super: Plus it fills in any little imperfections.