PDA

View Full Version : Got some new bushings.

firefighterwhite89
01-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Noticed my front suspension shock bushings were cracked to hell and back the other week. Got 2 new Moog Strut Mount Bushing Kit K9492. I'm assuming being Moog, that they'll last awhile, though they are made of rubber. :-\ I couldn't seem to find a poly one. Is there one?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Prevail 2

firefighterwhite89
01-12-2014, 10:59 PM
These are what I got for both front sides

firefighterwhite89
01-12-2014, 11:07 PM
I also got new radius rod bushings. :-D I noticed mine were so loose and make so much noise. They're shot for sure. I read where these were an excellent upgrade. I also think I read where these needed 1/4 inch shaved off the shaft for the bushings that comes on there? I didn't understand that part too well, nonetheless I may have been reading up on something different?

2oodoor
01-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Youre gonna love the improvement!

firefighterwhite89
01-16-2014, 01:27 AM
I read hella amazing reviews. Question though...It says use silicon grease on the workshop manual. I'm just guessing this is because it's stock bushings are rubber and petroleum based products eat them away quickly...BUT, being polyurethane, I was thinking I'm gonna use Blue High Temperature EP L-427 grease...I use it on everything that needs greased and it seems to stick much longer than the regular grease. I read it's lithium based, but i'm not entirely sure. It just seems like i should be able to use it with poly bushings...Opinions?

Picture of grease
http://static.hardwarestore.com/media/product/201483_front200.jpg