PDA

View Full Version : sei rear disc setup questions

vteckiller
01-13-2014, 08:04 PM
So im going to the yard tomorrow, and what all do i need to take from the sei rear end. i know i need the prop valve, and everything that the LCA, UCA, strut mount, and etc etc mount to? or take all the the whole shibang?

HLW
01-13-2014, 10:56 PM
Other than the prop valve, for the rear disc swap you need :
rear suspension knuckle
rear rotors
rear hubs with threaded holes for the rotor screws
parking brake cables
the pin that connects the parking brake cable to the parking brake lever on the caliper
rear brake caliper and caliper bracket.
the hard brake lines that connect between the 2 flexible brake hoses on each side the rear flexible brake hoses and banjo bolts.

You may already have the hubs you need on your car and you can buy them new if you do not want to trust the j/y hubs.
You can get new brake cables from Rock Auto for about $20 each
You can get the calipers and brackets from most part stores but you with want the j/y part for the core if it is not too expensive if you go with the reman calipers.
The UCA, LCA and shock mount to the suspension knuckle. The knuckle also mounts to the trailing arm.

Bare minimum you need from the j/y are the rear suspension knuckles, the parking brake cable to caliper parking brake lever pins and the pins that lock them in place and the rear hard brake lines. Everything else can be bought from the store new or reman.

Look at the condition of the parts at the j/y that can be purchased elsewhere, if they are good, they will be a better price than new or reman usually.

When I pulled rear disc from a j/y i pulled most of the read suspension because it was easier than separating everything there but it adds up.

carotman
01-14-2014, 04:41 PM
I reused my drum hubs and drilled/tapped the M6X1 hole for the disc screws. You could even skip the M6X1 hole part.