PDA

View Full Version : Nokya headlights

honda88mike
11-20-2002, 10:06 AM
Hey, I've seen a few of those bright blueish headlights out there. A guy I talked to said the ones he has are Nokya. Does anyone know if they make these for 3G's?:wave: :D

pmip
11-20-2002, 10:16 AM
I think walmart and a couple other places have "cool blue" (or something like that) sealed beam lights. If you don't want those, you need to get a conversion kit such as this:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1498&item=1389984185&rd=1

Project-LXi
11-20-2002, 06:07 PM
See my post here: http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9395

86accord4dr
11-20-2002, 07:06 PM
yeah i'm with you Project-LXi. i Got the "cool blues" at canadian tire. i thought they'd be just the cheap ticket. i installed the drivers one first and checked the difference with my stocks... barely noticable. i was so pissed off but i wasn't gonna take em back cuz i actually burnt out the one so i needed them but no i wouldn't recommend them if you're looking for a cheap blue headlight. i'd be kinda leary of getting the conversion kit from ebay tho. ppl try to screw import drivers but it's your choice.

pmip
11-20-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by 86accord4dr
i'd be kinda leary of getting the conversion kit from ebay tho. ppl try to screw import drivers but it's your choice.

I've actually bought those ones from that guy, and they're great. And, it's really a store, you don't actually have to bid on them. They were the cheapest glass lense ones that came with bulbs I could find. And I don't know about ebay trying to screw import drivers, but is definately a haven for ricers.

cdscowboy
11-20-2002, 11:16 PM
I got my conversions by.....uhh.....somewhat cheaper means;) They accept H4s. I had the Nokya blue bulbs to start out with, but I was really unimpressed with their performance. They didn't put out very much light like I had hoped. I eventually gave in, and as my signature states, I got some PIAAs. Definitely worth the dough...and the conversions are too. I highly recommend them...they give a bit of a custom touch, and you get better visibility, too!!! Good from every angle...well, except the cost, but y'know what I mean....

dXsquared
11-21-2002, 04:14 PM
did you jack ur lights? what do you mean?

Travis

cdscowboy
11-24-2002, 09:53 PM
Yeah, DXHATCH...I jacked them...they were just too damn expensive, and the guy that checked me out was a friend of mine, so it worked out perfectly....all in all we got like $3000 or so in merchandise that day...lol...back in the days of wild and stupid youth...:D

pimp86LX
11-24-2002, 10:13 PM
wow i didn't know the sylvania cool blues had such a bad rap, i bought them just the other day and found they had a very noticable difference

so far so good too

i guess i'll just keep my fingers crossed

Project-LXi
11-24-2002, 11:02 PM
As far as brightness over stock headlights go, they make a noticable difference, HOWEVER, they are not blue, which is what the name/packaging leads you to believe. Not saying its a bad product, in fact they are quite a nice improvment over stock, but come on can you say FALSE ADVERTISING?

pimp86LX
11-24-2002, 11:08 PM
on the side of the box it says "brilliant white light" lol

no blue, but i find they work like a champ at night

pimp86LX
11-24-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by cdscowboy
Yeah, DXHATCH...I jacked them...they were just too damn expensive, and the guy that checked me out was a friend of mine, so it worked out perfectly....all in all we got like $3000 or so in merchandise that day...lol...back in the days of wild and stupid youth...:D

r u serious???

:eek:

Project-LXi
11-24-2002, 11:14 PM
Hook a brotha up :D

j/k

cdscowboy
11-25-2002, 12:18 PM
lol....yeah, I'm serious. I'm kinda mixed on being proud about it though. Cause yes, it's a lot of shit that we got, but also, morals kick in....I haven't jacked anything in a long time, so don't come to me asking for shit!! Sorry guys, you'll have to do the dirty work on your own!! :lol

MoonScryer
11-25-2002, 02:14 PM
We will also forget you mentioned it here :D

pimp86LX
11-25-2002, 02:49 PM
I'm just curious as to what goes through your head when you do stuff like that.

KaMiKaZeE
11-25-2002, 03:55 PM
I don't take kindly to thieves.:fight:

Anyway I saw that "brilliant white light" thing on the box so I didn't get them. But I did see some GE "Super Blues" that actually look decently blue tinted (in the package). I am thinking about them. Anybody seen 'em on before? are they bluish light?

cdscowboy
11-26-2002, 01:26 AM
Thanks MoonScryer...forgetting is for the better. Kamikaze...sorry to disappoint you, but that part of my life is gone now, so don't worry about me infecting the board!!!

Pimp...to answer your question...intense, rush, anxiety, fear, excitement, immorality, why am i doing this?, rebelling from the norms of society... that about covers it...

Just to lay it to rest: I don't jack shit anymore. I've come to my senses and have become a more moral person. I hope none of you think less of me because of my past... And just to sway your opinions in my favor, I have a 3g!!!! :lol :wave:

pimp86LX
11-26-2002, 11:35 AM
Hm well no one has any right to judge your actions. Its hard not to think less of someone who steals, but if you learned from your exeriences, and grow morally as a person then they'res no reason to think less of you

just glad u didn't jack my shit :D...or worse yet get caught jacking my shit :devil:

peace man :pimp:

cdscowboy
11-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Thanks Pimp... And just to let you know, I never stole from any singular person. I only stole from big store (mainly GI Joe's). They can afford it for the ridiculous prices they have!!! But yes, I've grown and learned, so it's all good...

Love_the_3g
12-19-2002, 11:59 PM
APC and TOUCAN make a 4x6 conversion, xenon h4 conversion, n bulbs to get ur effect, n it looks hot wen their on