PDA

View Full Version : engine is fuct... please help with ideas

mugenprelude86
11-20-2002, 07:30 PM
Hey guys i have an 86 lude 2.0 fi. no i know this is an accord site but i love the shit you guys get figured out on here about these motors. now i was driving my car back in october and when i went around a corner hard and got on the gas hard when it was low on oil it would make a loud knocking noise... it would go away as soon as i let off the gas, but it only did it in corners. well all of a sudden it started doing it thru the rpm after 2000... it still starts fine idles fine, runs fine, but seems to not only lack power but it makes that weird knock... i checked all fluids are proper... but i just don;t understand it, i was thinking one of the bearings down by the crankshaft, but would that really make it lose power? i have not a clue please help.:sadwave: i miss my car :crying:

oldsub86
11-20-2002, 08:58 PM
Are you sure it is the engine making the noise? A knocking sound in corners is often CV joints gone bad.

Randy

A20A1
11-20-2002, 10:52 PM
I was about to say it was the fuel moving around in the float bowl but I looked back and saw your car was EFI.

the low light oil happens when you corner too hard cause the oil moves away from the pick up...
As for powerloss... if it's the crank bearing or even your oil pump going bad... you're going to end up like me... with a dead engine. :(
what weight of oil did you use?

Greg
11-21-2002, 01:08 PM
Is your timing set right? Maybe if something is going wrong with your distributor then you could be getting an engine knock??? I don't necessarily think this is it, but I'd check the timing just to be sure.

I agree that your CV joints would knock on turns if going bad, but this wouldn't account for power loss.

Are you SERIOUSLY losing power? Do you notice a big difference?

mugenprelude86
11-21-2002, 08:33 PM
yeah it's the motor because the car does it sitting in one spot in neutral or with the clutch in too, i used 10w30 and live in canada so thats about right, i highly doubt it's timing because it is a loud metal sound? i was thinking a bearing in the bottom end, but why would a bearing account for power loss? the power loss was significant i had to put my foot in it fairly heavily to get it up the one hill that i cruise up daily. it is efi, and i know about the low oil light how it moves from the pickup, now it starts fine idles fine runs fine, but it knocks badly on the rising of rpm but not on the falling. i was thinking somthing liek a valve stuck open and piston is hitting it or somthing like that or plug broken and piston hitting it or someshit... that would account for knock and power liss but i was j/w if you guys had any ideas