PDA

View Full Version : Questions on HP

Honda.PizzaGuy
01-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Hello everyone, Im new to getting my 88' Accord LX and was wondering a couple different things I hope some or one of you can help answer a couple questions for me...

First I would like to find a way to push more power out of the stock A20 engine any ideas on how or where to start? I dont really want to swap the engine yet so I want to get as much power out of this engine before I do. I was also wondering what a good header, exhaust system would be to put on my car.

Second Im trying to find a good set of coilovers for the car, I know this is the wrong thread to post this under but I didnt want to go through the hassle of posting multiple threads... and what else I would need to lower the car with coils, Im not really looking to get a cheap set because I dont want to sacrifice handling at all just to make look better to the eye...

Thanks for your time and hope you can help me out :)

charliekuney
01-19-2014, 09:54 PM
I would like to find a way to push more power out of the stock A20 engine any ideas on how or where to start?

Search.

2oodoor
01-20-2014, 04:23 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/performance/61469-performance-thread.html open the link <<< if it's not too much hassle, every trick in the book is mentioned somewhere in that thread.
welcome to 3geez !

I will offer this easy button, as for youre LX the most effective result producing modification you could do with ONE single mod would be a Weber 38 carb conversion. I did this on a bone stock a20a1 with no other mods and it was eye popping goose bumps night n day difference :)