PDA

View Full Version : woo hoo i passed emissions

87accordlx
11-21-2002, 12:27 PM
hi guys, i just got back from my emissions test and i passed with flying colours, here's my results:

HC ppm: limit=147, reading=10
CO%: limit= 0.82, reading=0.00
NO ppm: limit=1675, reading=918

just goes to show you that honda was way ahead of their time for emissions, a 15 year old car getting those numbers is pretty damn good.

shepherd79
11-21-2002, 01:03 PM
so your engine is stock?
i want to see some one with weber to pass emission

Grant2k
11-21-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79

i want to see some one with weber to pass emission
i was just gonna say that.

socal3rdgen
11-21-2002, 02:12 PM
why doesnt someone just try its only like 30 buck even if you already had it. it wold give you time to prepare to pass it if you fail.

Grant2k
11-21-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by socal3rdgen
why doesnt someone just try its only like 30 buck even if you already had it. it wold give you time to prepare to pass it if you fail.
what? here in New Jersey you get a certain amout of time to try again, i think it has to be in your month, or it might be 45 days. i forget. but there is another option that says if you fail, they will pass you but you give up the right to ever try and pass inspection again, which means they give you a free pass for 2 years and then you agree to junk your car.

Y3G
11-21-2002, 06:03 PM
I have to go for mine this soon!
On monday i have to bring my car to the shop to get a cat put on to it.

socal3rdgen
11-21-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Grant2k

what? here in New Jersey you get a certain amout of time to try again, i think it has to be in your month, or it might be 45 days. i forget. but there is another option that says if you fail, they will pass you but you give up the right to ever try and pass inspection again, which means they give you a free pass for 2 years and then you agree to junk your car.

no i mean say you already had yours inspected say yesterday. and it passed. im saying go again today, tommorow, next week if you want doesnt matter. just to see if a weber would pass.

87accordlx
11-21-2002, 06:17 PM
when i went today the mechanic told me that one guy came in with a 82 olds supreme with a big holly carb on it and it failed big time, so he went out to the parking lot and swapped the carb back for stock , retook the test and passed, then went back out to the parking lot and put the holley back on while the mechanic watched, they both laughed.

shepherd79
11-21-2002, 07:04 PM
HAHAHA, that is the way to go.
thank God WV doesn't have emission test.
Thank you GOD.

pmip
11-21-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by shepherd79
HAHAHA, that is the way to go.
thank God WV doesn't have emission test.
Thank you GOD.

Yeah, I'm glad I don't have to pass emissions tests either. Sounds like a pain in the ass!

Grant2k
11-21-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by pmip

Sounds like a pain in the ass!
you have no fucking idea. i failed twice 2 years ago. at first i was waaaaaaaaaay over so i did like the PCV, plugs, little stuff. i forget what i finally did to pass, but i think that NJ emmissions have surpassed California as the strictest in the country. but they are backing off from what i hear. there were a lot of politics with the company that they hired to run the emmissions facilites and i think the state government is taking it over agian.

jay
11-21-2002, 07:25 PM
The state of California just paind ~$400 towards making my car pass its Smog Check. Of course, I had to pay the first $100.

Not bad for a new injector... and a bunch of work that would have taken me like 10 days to do... :cool:

87AccordsterLx
11-21-2002, 10:05 PM
SCREW YOU GUYS!!! LOL!!! I failed miserably... anyways I cant get my GA plates and my CA registration expired like a month ago... My timing is wayyy advanced so I have to put that back to specs and Im getting new plugs and EGR valve... then as soon as I pass say bye bye to the cat... Im gutting that shit out for sure...

Site
11-23-2002, 07:15 AM
I wanna see that "Site" guy pass emmissions with his DCOEs.
:lol

Y3G
11-23-2002, 03:40 PM
WISH ME LUCK GUYS
MY CAR SHOUD PASS.
-CAP
-ROTOR
-WIRE
-PLUGS
-CLEANED MY AIR FILTER
-NEW OIL FILTER
-NEW OIL