PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof switch idea....

dosh8er
11-21-2002, 02:15 PM
i'm getting this idea of making a little add on to my sunroof switch/circuit. Does anybody remember that person w/ the ASC switch on here? He said that his switch had a position that would make the roof close after the car was turned off. I would like to build my own little 'smart circuit' that would do this..

But..

how would i know when to stop? Did this system maybe have a switch in the sunroof, so when the sunroof was closed, the motor stopped working? or was it timed? Anyone have any suggestions?

smufguy
11-22-2002, 10:37 AM
i think its better to have a switch to have the circuit close rather than have a timer. its gonna be a lil hard to do with the switch with the auto-close roof, but it would be awsome.

sorry, but i have no clue how the ASC switch u just said works.

U can have that connected to the chime if u want which would be cool cause it wont turn on until u pull the key off of the ignition II back to ignition I. so ur roof could automatically be set to close at that time. and it would open everytime u start the car. but u can always put an over ride switch to open or close it or have it remain closed during winter or rain or car wash for that matte :D