PDA

View Full Version : Distributer Seals? (Hitachi)

MuniArt
01-28-2014, 06:03 PM
I have a 88 Accord DX with a Hitachi distributor.

Does anyone know what is supposed to seal the engine oil out of the dist? I found a fair amount of oil inside when I opened it for a cap and rotor. I expected to find a shaft seal on the parts breakdowns but don't see anything I recognize as such. I also need the outer o-ring to fix an external oil leak, but I know where to get that. I also would like to find a cap seal (part# 30132-PC6-005) as mine as basically crumbling. Anyone have leads on replacements for those?

Thanks.

zenapup
01-28-2014, 09:54 PM
There is a shaft seal on the inside of the distruibutor, however, Honda does not sell the shaft seal separately, if you take the dist apart, you can use the part number on the old seal to get the new one on eBay. I can't be of much help with the Hitachi as mine is fuel-injected and therefore has the TEC distributor.

HLW
01-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Lostforawhile (a member here) found the seal for the hitachi dist last year. He might be able to help you get one.

gyates93
01-31-2014, 06:43 AM
I got the o-ring from Honda and that corrected my slow oil leak that used to drip on the ground. When I took the cap off the gasket for the distributor cap was crumbling, I replaced it with gasket maker. The third 'shaft seal' I don't believe is prone to failure but i have not been able to source it locally.

VIPER1988
02-02-2014, 06:37 AM
JDM NOK Inshino Distributor O Ring and Seal 2 PC Kit Fits Most Acura Honda | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/251077355638?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

According to this pretty much all Honda distributors us the same shaft seals. As for the cap seal, last time i got one it was from majestic Honda. But they no longer list them.

lostforawhile
02-02-2014, 07:03 AM
they all have that ring missing, it's mostly for dust, the richporter I got has a brand new one, maby they would sell one, as they obviously have someone making them