PDA

View Full Version : Equalizer installation.

shepherd79
11-21-2002, 06:59 PM
ok,
i am thinking buying alpine equalizer.
this one http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=ERE-G180&p_category=160&p_subcategory=&p_main=10
or this Digital Signal Processor/Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro-Logic Decoder http://ecominet2.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=PXA-H510&p_category=160&p_subcategory=&p_main=10

the question i have is how do i connect speakers. both of them have only R and L input. they don't have Front inputs, rear inputs and sub inputs. they only have R and L input, but they have outputts for front, rear and sub.
how do you connect this thing.
thanks guys.

Bobs89LXi
11-21-2002, 08:32 PM
EQ's and signal processors are designed to be connected between the head unit and amp(s). There are several ways you can connect them. Some have one set of inputs and three sets (FRONT/REAR/SUB) of outputs. Others have three sets of both inputs and outputs. In either case, you don't need to use all three sets of outputs. You can use FRONTS only, FORNT/REAR, or FRONT/SUB. However you wire it up, an amp is required between the outputs and speakers. Also, if your head unit has a built-in EQ, it should be disabled or all levels set to the "flat" (center) positions

shepherd79
11-22-2002, 05:07 AM
well, i understand that it goes between HU and Amps. Does it mean i have to get 3 of them to run for front, rear and sub?
or at least 2 for front and rear?

Vanilla Sky
11-22-2002, 09:21 AM
well, if you still want full imaging and control, yeah... but you'd be best off to look with one with inputs for the front, rear, and sub...

i'll check out some of your options and link back to them

Derick

merlindavis
11-22-2002, 09:31 AM
on both of those products you linked to, i'd be willing to be that they had both front and rear inputs, as well as possibly a sub input as bob stated... on the dsp, you would use one the optical inputs for 5.1 media, and you'd use f/r/s input for your deck, unless your deck was a dvd player and already had digital optical or coaxial output, in which case you'd just use one of the digital inputs on the dsp... i would only get the dsp if you plan on playing movies in the car, otherwise, stick with just the eq... i need to get an eq, mainly for the higher voltage pre-outs rather than the equilizing features of it...

shepherd79
11-24-2002, 08:05 PM
no, i looked at manual installation and they only show the one set of inputs.