PDA

View Full Version : decesion decesion

roni-sei
11-21-2002, 07:26 PM
Ok here is the situation I own a 89 se-i coupe fully loaded all the goodies I was going to sell it in september. Then I found out that the engine was burning antifreeze. At the moment I have 3 options that I can do with the accord. 1-swap the engine for a b16. 2-swap the engine for another 3gee engine or 3-rebuild the engine. Number one can be eliminated since next year for my birthday i will be financing a 2002 Nissan Maxima. Me and theaccord been through a lot so its kind of hard to part. the maxima would be for lng trips and going out.

Neuspeed87lx
11-21-2002, 07:31 PM
get another a20

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
11-21-2002, 07:32 PM
DUDE!! If are gonna finance a new car!! Buy keep the accord!! I know it's hard!! But I would give it up!! It's kinda like an old G/F!! It hurts, but u gotta do it? What's the price?

markmdz89hatch
11-21-2002, 07:57 PM
hey Roni... ...hey btw no hard feelings.... ...if I were you, I'd keep it. Just toss in another a20 and call it a day. If you really wanna, after you put in a new a20, keep this one and build it up, once it's built, do the exchange one more time. that's what i'd do. You got a sweet lookin SE-i there, I sure as shit would'nt mind owning it :D , it's really not a cheap car to maintain, and think about it, do you really wanna let all that hard work and time go down the tubes? It's not worth a swap, but keep it sporting them clears and vx-1's and u got a bad-ass ride. Just make sure it's driveable by next summer for the Second Annual New England 3G Meet.

Grant2k
11-21-2002, 08:29 PM
if it's burning anti-freeze it could be just a head gasket. not that a head gasket is a small job by any means, but it might be worth doing. or just swap another A20 i guess. i'll be at that New England meet too!

89LXiCoupe
11-21-2002, 11:50 PM
Get another engine rather than rebuilding the old one cuz they'll probably cost about the same.

Neuspeed87lx
11-22-2002, 04:58 AM
ya i wana see that car at the new england meet !

shepherd79
11-22-2002, 05:33 AM
if you want to see your SE-i, please sell on this forum.

Coroncho80
11-22-2002, 08:57 AM
Dude, rebuilding our engines costs more than throwining another a20. Not too long ago I swapped engines and let me tell you that it was danm worth it!

I've seen a couple of pics of your sei and looks really nice. All it needs on the outside is a good paint job and you'll be set. But for now, just do what i did. Shop around for a A20 in good shape with low miles and throw it in there. And like everybody else said, just make sure you bring your ass to the next New England Meet!

It would be nice to have some "Sei Company!" :lol :flipa:

(I know you little biachessss are gonna say something....... Specailly you Mark!!!!)

Grant2k
11-22-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Coroncho80

It would be nice to have some "Sei Company!" :lol :flipa:

(I know you little biachessss are gonna say something....... Specailly you Mark!!!!)
Ooohh, look at my SE-i, i'm so cool. I'll take you any day, Muarice. just give me a few seconds to run before you start to chase me down. Carbs and Cloth Seats 4 Life!!!!

KaMiKaZeE
11-22-2002, 09:29 AM
Hey b16's are cheap. if you're gonna swap it anyway, just go for it. I don't think you'll spend that much more and it'll SO be worth it if you're keepin' her.:D

chronicsinners
11-22-2002, 10:13 AM
try and get the maxima now, and part out your accord. ethically you should keep your accord, but those new maxes are quick, and you wont regret it