PDA

View Full Version : Lights wont pop up & cruise control faulty - 86 Accord

FiZO
02-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Car is a 1986 Accord SI, the light switch works fine to open them though has no response when trying to close.
Also have an issue with cruise control, it seems to turn on though I don't seem to be cruising at all...

Anyone able to help me out with these issues

Cheers

Hash_man_Se_i
02-05-2014, 10:10 AM
My number one guess would be a faulty steering wheel switch/control. Pretty easy to replace if you get one from the wrecker.

Dr_Snooz
02-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Car is a 1986 Accord SI, the light switch works fine to open them though has no response when trying to close.
Also have an issue with cruise control, it seems to turn on though I don't seem to be cruising at all...

Anyone able to help me out with these issues

Cheers

We need a little more info on the cruise. Like, "dash light comes on, but speed cannot be set." The manual (http://geminiwebhosting.ca/1989AccordServiceManual.pdf) has a section devoted to cruise control troubleshooting, starting on p. 25-71. Take a spin through it and let us know what you learn.

I'll let someone else with more headlight exprience weigh in on that.

FiZO
02-06-2014, 08:04 PM
We need a little more info on the cruise. Like, "dash light comes on, but speed cannot be set." The manual (http://geminiwebhosting.ca/1989AccordServiceManual.pdf) has a section devoted to cruise control troubleshooting, starting on p. 25-71. Take a spin through it and let us know what you learn.

I'll let someone else with more headlight exprience weigh in on that.

Yeah dash light & cruise control button light both work so I'm guessing as hash_man said it'll be the switches on the steering wheel

Cheers

Hash_man_Se_i
02-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Yeah dash light & cruise control button light both work so I'm guessing as hash_man said it'll be the switches on the steering wheel

Cheers

Its not the actual switches on the steering wheel, but the steering wheel column switch with the stocks that come out of it for your signals, wipers, etc. All the controls from your actual steering wheel run through this.

FiZO
02-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Its not the actual switches on the steering wheel, but the steering wheel column switch with the stocks that come out of it for your signals, wipers, etc. All the controls from your actual steering wheel run through this.

Ah I see. Just wondering what models I'd be able to get it from as this is my first Honda. Cheers

Hash_man_Se_i
02-10-2014, 10:18 PM
just make sure you get one from another accord, as i'm not sure if the prelude ones are the same, if someone knows if they are they can chime in. try to get one from any 86-89 Accord with cruise control and it should work. if you have more than one vehicle i recommend taking yours out first before going to the junkyard for a used one to make sure you get the same one.

FiZO
02-10-2014, 10:42 PM
just make sure you get one from another accord, as i'm not sure if the prelude ones are the same, if someone knows if they are they can chime in. try to get one from any 86-89 Accord with cruise control and it should work. if you have more than one vehicle i recommend taking yours out first before going to the junkyard for a used one to make sure you get the same one.

Alright thanks man! Legend