PDA

View Full Version : Paint JOB

Accord7SE_i
11-21-2002, 09:54 PM
I just wanted to know where any of you guys get your paint job at? How much did it cost? Also do you have any pics please share!!!!!

pimp86LX
11-21-2002, 10:22 PM
uh oh better get maaco!! lol theres a lot of bad news about theses places, but i did all my body work on my old hyundai first, then all they did was tape 'n' paint, it turned out pretty decent

Jareds 89 LX-i
11-21-2002, 11:58 PM
From what I've heard about Maaco's, it really depends on which one you go to. Each in independently owned, I believe, so one can be really good and the one down the street can totally suck.

When it comes to paintjobs, I strongly believe that the "you get what you pay for" rule applies. If you want a really good paint job, be ready to fork over a few bills

Sorry I can't be of more help

Mike89Accordcom
11-22-2002, 02:34 AM
It all depends on what you want to pay. If you want a paintjob that you can take to a carshow and impress people, you'll spend around $1500-4500. I spent close to $2K on mine, and believe me, it's well worth it. It made my car brand new again. If you don't have a ton of money to spend, then do maaco. But like they said, you get what you pay for. I researched tons of places, and then found this guy who does phenominal work.

YK86
11-22-2002, 03:11 AM
Mine was a Maaco job that cost roughly $400US. I didn't want to spend tons of money on a paint job and I also did most of the body work and install of the body kit myself. The paint looked great for the first 2-3 years and had surprising amount of postive comments from other who saw it up close especially when they heard it was done at Maaco. But after finding out what using dish detergent does to a paint first hand combined with the cheaper Maaco paint (accelerating the fading), my car is looking pretty dull now. But I really don't care because I can get another paint job for $400 and have it looking pretty decent for another 3+ years (now I know not to use detergent LOL).

Good shops spend tons of time on prep work taking off all the mouldings and trim pieces off and doing a really nice job prepping the surface and masking off nicely. But this also means tons of labour costs so if you want to go to a place liek that, you should ask to do alot of stuff yourself to save money. I find most places are happy to let you. Maaco just masks everything so if you go to a bad one, you'll probably see lots of overspray. The branch I went too was very good to me and took care of anything I felt didn't make me happy. Plus I went there and told them I was thinking of entering a car show and that it would be great advertising/promotion if they did a good job that would impress people. They also said they can knock off $100 from the price if I brought in my own top quality paint.