PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Manassas, Va.

SALEENSSC
02-05-2014, 11:05 AM
Hello,
I'm located in Northern Virgina and just wanted to introduce myself. I have recently discovered this site and find that there is a wealth of information on this era of accords. ABout 2 weeks ago i purchased my first accord off of Craigslist. It is a 1989 Accord DX coupe with carb. White with Red interior. It has 86k miles on it. I paid $400 for it but it is in great shape interior/exterior. However the car has not been run in a few years. It currently tries to crank but it wont start. Previous owner suspects that its a bad fuel pump. I am hoping it does not take much to get it running. I have a very good local honda mechanic who will try to determine why its not starting. Ive heard great things about these cars. Thought i would pick one up and turn it into a daily driver. I have learned a lot about my car in the last 2 weeks reading through the comments on this site.

2oodoor
02-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Welcome! You're best off draining every bit of stuff from the tank and pull the carb to clean it out, replace fuel filters. Thats VERY low mileage, sounds great :)

'A20A3'
02-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Welcome aboard! Thats a good find. As stated above, drain that fuel tank, and change the fuel filter and clean the carb. Pour some seafoam in your gas tank after you drain the old and add some new. I would change the oil and filter as well. Always a first step when I buy a used car. Post some pics when you have a chance!

SALEENSSC
02-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Thanks. I cant wait to get back my car from the shop. Very excited. I will post pics as soon as its back home.

Dr_Snooz
02-15-2014, 08:08 PM
Welcome and congrats on the new car!

firefighterwhite89
02-20-2014, 04:48 AM
Welcome aboard the site! Always wanted to visit Manassas! The Fire Department there is quite elite and well known!

mint89
02-21-2014, 07:18 AM
5909 welcome. I'm just a few hopes and steps away in Norfolk Va.near Va. Beach