PDA

View Full Version : After Market Pulleys

1988starter
05-15-2002, 05:34 PM
Ok I must know does anyone have lightweight pulleys and if you do. Have they made a difference. Also I noticed one of you had a tornado I really have to know did it do anything because I do have an extra few dollars I can spend. THANX!:D

Hoshizakido
05-15-2002, 06:43 PM
the tornado sits next to your throttle body when your car sucks in air it hits the tornado causing it to spin making the air go through the intake manifold easier i dont know how much hp it added on my car probably round five but i did feel a difference in power pluss i get a tad bit more gas mileage i like it

AccordChemist
05-15-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Hoshizakido
i dont know how much hp it added on my car probably round five but i did feel a difference in power pluss i get a tad bit more gas mileage i like it

LOL! sorry.....:lol

Hoshizakido
05-15-2002, 08:58 PM
watcha laughin at? Oh i see hmm maybe i should read what i typed, before i send it

stgardner
05-17-2002, 06:03 PM
I added a underdrive crank pulley about a year ago. The stock crank pulley is 4 lbs. and the new one was about 2 lbs. There was a 20% reduction for the A/C and alternator. There was no change for the power steering because that part of the pulley was as small as it could be. I got about 4 -6HP gain and about 4 ft-lbs of torque increase.

superaccord
05-19-2002, 11:15 PM
how much does and underdrive pully cost? is it hard to install?

1988starter
05-20-2002, 04:14 AM
I have sceen them for about 140 but I do not know how hard the install is.

rallyeNate
05-20-2002, 06:19 AM
if you are looking for new pulleys just get lightweight pulleys, underdrive pulleys are a bad idea. i might come down to person opion but underdrive pulleys robb power from were the should not. the dia of the pulley is that size for a reason.

the tornado adds HP because it cause the air to spin, correct. the reason you want the air to spin is because it will cause better mixing of the air and fuel, not because the air flows easier threw the manifold. you want the air manifold to be as smooth as possable. thats why aftermarket performance dry manifolds are smooth and polished on the inside, and if you ever looked inside a cylinder head is very rough.

jteuton
05-25-2002, 04:33 PM
Where can you find the lightweight pullies at?.....When i get this stock crank pulley off i'm sending it to hell with the other ones....damn crank pulley still won't come off...

stgardner
05-25-2002, 05:49 PM
I had Auto Specialties Performance make me the crank pulley. I shipped them a stock pulley for comparison and they made it up for me. It can be had in different colors. It didn't cost me much because I was a guinea pig. Contact Lee at [email protected]. He can tell you more about it.