PDA

View Full Version : 2 many problems

89AccordGSR
11-21-2002, 11:15 PM
ok ive got some questions that I hope somebody can answer.

First, my driver side window has basically stop working. As of right now the window is rolled down because it wont go up. Has anybody else had this problem? Ive got a guy that can get me the motor for it, but I want to make sure that thats what the problem is. Im gonna to check the fuse & see if that could be the problem.
Second, I know im not the only one with this problem. The flip up that are stuck up. Has anybody found a solution to this problem? The same people that can get me the motor for the window(s), can get me them for the headlights. I also am going to check the fuse to make sure its not blown.
Third, im getting a new stock motor so I can drive my car to Fl. Does anybody have a recommondation to where to get it from? The same guy who can get me the motors, can also get me this motor. The one problem I have is how much it is for the motors(not engine).
Last, my battery wont start & its been replaced a time or two, & its basically been jumped off this planet by now. Has anybody else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it because my battery goes dead in a day.

89LXiCoupe
11-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Your driver side window could just be the power windows chip. That happened to me.

As for the flip ups, one of the wires got burned and was disconnected on the driver side and so that not only made my driver side flip up work, but it also drained my battery due to my alarm. I guess my alarm must've detected the burnt wire and so it went off the whole night.

I hope this will help a bit. Good luck.

anchovies
11-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Here's to your battery problem
http://3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9295

I think I read you put the test light or DVOM in line with the battery on the NEGATIVE side in the haynes book.

cdscowboy
11-22-2002, 02:23 AM
If I'm reading it right, GSR, your headlights are stuck in the up position. I know from all the times I've taken my dash off that if the switch to the right of the steering column (there's a set of 3 switches on the dash there...pretty obvious). Well, first of all, make sure that switch isn't pressed in, and second, you might want to check the connection of the wires to the back of that switch. You'll need a knife or really thin screwdriver to get the little module off. From there on out it's pretty self explanitory. I hope that wasn't all a waste of time typing that....

Greg
11-22-2002, 09:43 AM
I had a draw from the filp-up headlight motor on one side of my car, which was killing my battery. The light was stuck up. I disconnected the motor, and that killed the draw.

To test for draw:

1) turn all electrical stuff off on your car

2) Undo the neg battery clamp on your battery

3) run a test light from the neg-wire and touch it to your neg battery terminal. The light should either not come on or should blink for a second and then go off.

If it stays on, you have a draw! Then I would guess that it's probably one of these motors that is faulty.

Also test to see that your alternator is putting out about 14 volts. It should be at least 12 or 13. Any less than that won't re-charge the battery.

-G