PDA

View Full Version : Turn signal lever replacement

CdaIdaho
02-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Hi - I've narrowed the reasons for no dash or running lights to the turn signal lever, light knob. On my way to the boneyard to find a replacement. I search but couldn't find instructions on how to replace.

Do I just get the left lever from the boneyard...or do I have to get the wiper lever as well? Any advice on how to replace would be most appreciated.

1989 lxi with 94,000 miles

lostforawhile
02-09-2014, 12:05 PM
yr's all one piece, you take the wheel off, take out the screws holding the entire combination switch, unplug it from the under dash fuse box, and pull it off. the manual is available free to download on the threegeez wiki

og89lxi
02-09-2014, 02:57 PM
those arm levers are one unit. you just pull the steering wheel off and the box behind the steering wheel will slide off as a whole unit with the levers. follow the wiring down and unplug it. slide your replacement on and put everything back together reverse of how you took it off. I did mine a few years ago. its easy. you can find a used one on ebay no problem. theres all kinds of them. there are new ones on this website called car parts discount but there like $155. hope this helps

CdaIdaho
02-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Got the whole assembly off a 88 accord with 210K miles on it. Hope it works better than mine with only 94K. Will install next weekend.

lostforawhile
02-10-2014, 03:21 PM
dont get rid of the old one, they have been discontinued for years, you may need a piece or part from it. the issues with the high low beam switch can be repaired, russian kid did a really good writeup on it