PDA

View Full Version : ram air intakes

jlaccord89lxi
11-22-2002, 05:42 PM
what are everyones thoughts on short ram intakes and whether or not any rain water gets into them? Anyone ever have their engine wrecked because of it? I just installed one on my car and it is now the rainy season and i'm kinda worried that i could be doing damage to my engine. The filter isn't exactly protected from splashes from below. Anyway...what do y'all think...

2old_honda
11-22-2002, 05:53 PM
you should be fine

edit- hey check your PMs :)

anchovies
11-22-2002, 11:57 PM
Splashes of water won't kill the engine. It's when the whole filter is submerged in water.

LX-i prophet
11-23-2002, 08:57 AM
so can the same be said about taking off the back of the air box and the filter. Cuz i cant afford an intake yet so i just popped that shit off. now its just a big hole behind my engine. sounds nice- like i have an intake- but it should be ok right?

markmdz89hatch
11-23-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by LX-i prophet
so can the same be said about taking off the back of the air box and the filter. Cuz i cant afford an intake yet so i just popped that shit off. now its just a big hole behind my engine. sounds nice- like i have an intake- but it should be ok right?

Ummm... i don't know much about EFI's but a filter's a filter, and I'd suggest having it. Without that, water is the least you have to worry about. Sand, dirt, and everyday road crap is what you have to worry about getting into the engine. A few drops of water won't hurt anything really, but sand/other contaminants=BAD NEWS. I'd at least just put the air bow back on and remove the plastic tubing, ur sucking in warm/hot air, but at least you'll have that "open air" sound, and a filter.

Coroncho80
11-23-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by LX-i prophet

it sounds nice.............................:rant: That's all you gotta say?

DUDE!!!!!!!!! you're gonna fuck up you engine man! do things right, either put the filter back on or do something man, that's just sad...........