PDA

View Full Version : this sucks

Mantis88LX
11-22-2002, 05:50 PM
1.my front passenger side upper ball joint is clicking when i turn, im pretty sure it that since the boot is ripped on it.

2.the car is all of a sudden pulling hard to the ditch, i dont know why the alighnment would just suddenly change. maybe it has something to do with the balljoint

3.the drivers side rear is making a pretty weird sound too.

4. at low speeds like no even pressing the pedal the car rides weird like the tires have knots on them.

well i guess i should just store the car completly for winter, i had planed on this but i kept ending up driving on weekends anyway. ohh well i have no were to go anyways.

if u guys can help me out, maybe a answer to one of my problems

markmdz89hatch
11-22-2002, 10:47 PM
sounds more like the CV joint is bad b/c of the clicking you mentioned. That could also be the culprit for the other problems/symptoms you mentioned.

YK86
11-22-2002, 11:08 PM
1 and 2)IF it is the balljoint causing the alignment shifting, I would change that balljoint immediately. It is possible it could be causing it. I would jack up the car and give it a shake along with an inspection of other suspension parts and the CV joint.

3)What kind of sound??
4)Your tire might be low in pressure, has a flat spot, or it has a bump in it (various causes).

ACCORD EX
11-23-2002, 06:46 AM
try jacking the front end and drive the car while wheels off ground ! i think if there is a sound so it's propably your C.V !

MIKE

Mantis88LX
11-23-2002, 09:52 AM
both cv boots are good

Mantis88LX
11-23-2002, 09:54 AM
the clicking sound is only when im moving at some speed and turn the the steering wheel, like i can swirve the car back and forth and it goes, click ......click like when im swirving left when i pull it back right it goes click like comething is loose.

when im turning onto another road it doesnt click like the cv joints would, pretty sure its the balljoint

dXsquared
11-23-2002, 10:09 AM
just because the boots are good, the joint:bh: can still be bad. if you have ever taken one apart, you can see that they get worn on the bearing surface. then it clicks. if you can twist the shaft while holding the splined part, the joint:bh: is bad!!!

Travis

1989se-i
11-23-2002, 10:15 AM
haha, you said joint

:bh:

dXsquared
11-23-2002, 10:18 AM
this is the one i swas lookin for...
:smokin:

:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::s mokin: