PDA

View Full Version : lazy headlights

joshskillz
02-20-2014, 07:29 AM
OK guys I'm new to the group. I just bought a 86 sedan LX. And I was wondering how to keep the headlights tilted up when not in use. Not all the way but half way or less. I'm a fan of this Lol and would want to do this on my car. Please post any input on how to do this. Positive opinions only please. Thanks

lostforawhile
02-20-2014, 07:53 AM
you can't unless you pulled the motor fuses each time and manually turned the knob, they look bad anyway,like the car has downs syndrome

lostforawhile
02-20-2014, 07:57 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forum/appearance/53107-does-any-one-how-make-sleepy-lights.html

firefighterwhite89
02-20-2014, 07:57 AM
There is an adjustment screw for them but I dont think that it will adjust to the point you are wanting. I could be wrong though. Welcome aboard!

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

lostforawhile
02-20-2014, 07:59 AM
There is an adjustment screw for them but I dont think that it will adjust to the point you are wanting. I could be wrong though. Welcome aboard!

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk
the up and down placement is set by the internal switches in the motors the adjustment just lines up the lights when you remove a motor

joshskillz
02-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the reply guys. I'll be posting more soon.

charliekuney
02-21-2014, 06:46 PM
you can't unless you pulled the motor fuses each time and manually turned the knob, they look bad anyway,like the car has downs syndrome

...and affects the car's aerodynamics and fuel economy.

PolarWhite3G
05-16-2014, 06:25 AM
I have an lx, so I don't have a sunroof. I made a sleepy eyes switch from the sunroof switch and spliced it into the main switch to raise and lower the headlights.

joshskillz
05-18-2014, 10:31 PM
I ended up just buying half moons ( eyelids ) to cover the top half of the lights. I have some pics on the Facebook page but was kicked off the page by Tim Yoak for idk why.

joshskillz
05-18-2014, 11:06 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2m84p3r.jpg

joshskillz
05-18-2014, 11:10 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/wsqmfc.jpg here's a front view without the wheels and home depot lip

lostforawhile
05-19-2014, 10:38 PM
I ended up just buying half moons ( eyelids ) to cover the top half of the lights. I have some pics on the Facebook page but was kicked off the page by Tim Yoak for idk why.

if you were kicked off there was a reason, I do believe you were trolling, and there are a number of moderators on the page,

joshskillz
05-20-2014, 06:59 PM
if you were kicked off there was a reason, I do believe you were trolling, and there are a number of moderators on the page,

Define trolling please. And all I did the day was make a post of the eyelids and several members were clowning on my lights because they are EBay lights. Im not going to just let some kids diss me. Plus I did nothing out of context that should have gotten me kicked off in my opinion.

joshskillz
05-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Also, im just here and was on there for ideas, info, positive opinions, and to make friends. I have no other reason to be on here or plan to be kicked off. And as for Tim. I only said his name because I was told shortly after I was taken off he posted about members attacking other members. I thought he was on my side seeing that I was being ganged up on. I have nothing against him. I just thought he took me off as a misunderstanding.

lostforawhile
05-20-2014, 07:55 PM
Also, im just here and was on there for ideas, info, positive opinions, and to make friends. I have no other reason to be on here or plan to be kicked off. And as for Tim. I only said his name because I was told shortly after I was taken off he posted about members attacking other members. I thought he was on my side seeing that I was being ganged up on. I have nothing against him. I just thought he took me off as a misunderstanding.
you are fine here, just don't act out and there is no issue.