PDA

View Full Version : TNTumbler's 1989 Accord LX - 100% OEM Stock!

TNTumbler
02-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Spring quickly approaching I'm getting ready for the show circuit this year. Here she is after being thoroughly cleaned, scratches removed, and waxed to a high gloss. No this car hasn't been repainted. 100% Original w/ 152k miles! As the year progresses and the show circuit starts, I'll post more pics. ;)

P.S. This was taken in a public parking area in Memphis, TN. So the oil spot underneath ISN'T mine! LoL There is a funny story about that oil spot as I remember who left it 3.5 yrs ago!

TNTumbler
02-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Oh, I guess it'll help if I post some pics of the interior of the car. Proud Papa I am. LoL

TNTumbler
02-22-2014, 10:28 PM
More:

TNTumbler
02-22-2014, 10:40 PM
Just a couple more for giggles. This car still has the Chrome Exhaust Tip from the factory, and people are just amazed at the condition this car is for being 25 yrs old.

Yes, it still has the extra bulbs in the rear light covers from the factory.

elpuma
02-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Wow that's a clean car!

Dr_Snooz
02-23-2014, 12:56 PM
You have a contender there for sure. I'm not sure how serious you are about showing it or if you're open to suggestions, but investing in a good carpet shampooer would do wonders. I have had real good luck with Bissell products, especially their shampoo. Leave the Rug Doctor stuff at the store. Going after the B-pillars around the door hinges with a toothbrush and a weak Simple Green solution would be good too. An engine detail would do a lot, but I wouldn't know how to do that without pulling the engine and spending a fortune.

I'm not sure what detailing chemicals you use, but I have found Zymol products to be excellent, with Meguiar's coming in a distant second. Zymol is expensive but the results are simply miraculous. You can take old nasty plastic and make it look like new. Seriously. And after you've used it for a while, you don't have to use it nearly as often as the cheaper stuff. Absolutely unbelievable and a Dr_Snooz Best Tip. ;)

Good luck with the shows and keep us posted on your work.

TNTumbler
02-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Thank you greatly on the tips. The engine bay is pretty clean and the engine will get a steam bath before the first show. Most of the shows are show and shine with a couple of judged events in between. I just acquired the rear mud guards, found a like new door pocket section for the driver door (mine was pretty beat up and broken in several places), a good working radio (a typical LX radio not like the upgraded sound system my car had), and the front console section w/ cassette holders and cup holders (need to find the cup holders). I'll get pics of these items tomorrow. As far as the carpet, its pretty clean except for a few spots of dirt. What you see in the pic is the front floor mat that stays down except when vacuuming. I'm going to try and clean it, but I am hoping to find a set of OEM Sedan mats in blue. Hubcaps are coming soon as I found replacements. Just getting the li'l things done as I have a month before the judging event. :)

charliekuney
02-24-2014, 12:52 PM
I looked through your pictures and I'm glad to see you noticed the little things that I did. I would also recommend resetting the bumper - these cars are known to have sagging bumpers, especially up front. All you need to do is loosen the four main bolts (behind the turn signals, which themselves are removed by loosening one screw each after removing the fog lamp covers) and have one person hold the bumper up while the other re-tightens the bolts. I assume your door panel was damaged on the bottom from someone using their foot to hold/push the door open on a hill...I have a friend whom did that to mine and destroyed the pocket.

TNTumbler
02-24-2014, 06:17 PM

Charlie if you look at the photo above. This is how the door looked when I got the car (minus the light lens). Someone had used that map pocket A LOT as a prop to hold the door open. Ruining the carpet on their as well. Next time it warms up and I can get the car out in the sunlight I'll snap a pic of the new door pocket. Its like new! The light lens was MIA when I got the car and the light bulb inside was blown (and corroded ... YUCK!), so, this gave me a chance to replace a corroded light socket as well.

Here is a (not so great) shot of the rear mud guards I found at the local Pull-A-Part. Came off a Champagne 1988 w/ 219k miles on the clock. Was so tickled to find these! They aren't the great of shape and I'm hoping when I soak them down with some rubber restoring gel I got that they'll come back to life ... at least a li'l bit.

I got this out of a 1988 LX-I Sedan just as they were getting ready to crush it. I snagged the glovebox door and any other items in blue I could. Not often you are going to find items like this from a 119k mile Accord. BTW It was TOTALED from someone going across the front end. Exterior color was Montreal Blue.

This is what I started with in my Accord. That void between the front of the console and the lower section of the dash drove me nutz!! Looked incomplete!

Here it is! Freshly installed and ready to go! Much better and it looks more complete now. Just give it a good clean up and it'll be good as new! This is something I don't think I've seen too often in the manuals and especially in the LX Sedans. Yes its suppose to have cup holders, but they are MIA and I'm not sure if I'll find a good one. So not gonna worry about it. Next is to replace the third brake light where some idiot put the wrong bulb in it and melted my current on. :( She's starting to come together. Now, to find the Left and Right Hubcaps I need, maybe a few other factory/dealer items, and I can sit back and bask in the glory of my 3G. LoL

P.S. The li'l pill bottle on the passenger side of the car. I have 8 or 9 of these running around with nothing but Honda Screws, nutz, and various other clips that I snag from the local salvage yards. I also have a ton of the lenses that go on over the door lights. Found a perfect Interior Dome Light Lens today as well. Yes, I'm odd, but I look for the odd parts first that are the hardest to get.

Dr_Snooz
02-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Excellent work! Are you trying to keep a numbers matching car?

TNTumbler
02-24-2014, 09:17 PM
For the most part. I did my research on parts numbers and I carry a li'l notepad with me when I go hunting parts for my car. I know as time goes along things are going to break (like my glove box - major design flaw!!) and will need replaced. So I look for part number matching parts in the correct colors if I can. When it comes to the main body of my car everything matches. All fenders, doors, hood, trunk, etc are the original to the car. The map pocket piece numbers match the numbers on my last one, the centre console has a different number, but it's number matches that for the 1988-89 Accord LX, LX-I, SE-I, and EX-i's w/ the cassette holder/cup holder, slave decks, etc. As a friend of mine said once: "They are only original once! And that's when they leave the factory!" One thing I am considering but not yet sold on yet is converting my braking system over to 4 wheel disc brakes from an SE-I. Still doing research, but I think I'd have to end up going up a tire size if I did such (from 13" to 14").

Dr_Snooz
02-25-2014, 08:26 AM
"They are only original once! And that's when they leave the factory!"

I'm not sure what to think about the whole numbers matching thing. I know it's highly prized in some collector circles, but I think it's very hard to verify. Unless you get a LOT of cooperation from the factory, you can't be sure what numbers came on the car from the factory. I've noticed that Honda seems oblivious to any collector interest in their cars, so I don't expect Honda to provide a lot of info to numbes matchers. And no owner is going to let you take apart his car to find the numbers and ensure that they do indeed match. Especially at a show. In a lot of cases, I think it comes down to what you said, these were numbers that came on this model and year, so we consider it a numbers matching car for all intents and purposes.

If you still have your original stereo deck, it might be worth sending it away to a restoration shop. It costs a mint (like several hundred dollars), but you'll keep the factory stereo and it will be mostly new inside. Just hang onto the old one and you can do that if you get really serious about showing it.

I can't remember for the brakes, but I think the SE-i/LX-i front brakes are going to be larger than what you have. In that case, you'll need to replace knuckles and a bunch of other stuff in the front braking system. That hardware is larger, so yes, you'll need larger 14" wheels. You'll also have to replace the master cylinder. In the rear, you'll be replacing knuckles again, which involves a significant tear down of the rear suspension. The proportioning valve is also different. The parking brake cables will have you dropping the exhaust pipe, muffler and heat shield, so again, it's a lot of work. I converted my LX-i to the rear discs and the only real difference I noticed is that my pedal feels slightly spongier now. Disc brakes are easier to control at the limit, so if you aren't driving aggressively, there is no real need to do such a labor-intensive conversion. The rear disc hardware was scarce when it was new and time has only worsened that situation. I can't see enough benefit for you when you'd lose your numbers matching status.

I haven't noticed many broken glove boxes, but I've found none that aren't bowed. If you can find a relatively decent one, you can eliminate a lot of the bow with well placed shims on the mounting screws.

TNTumbler
02-25-2014, 08:56 AM
I am relatively shocked that both the glove box I have now and the original glove box aren't bowed on my Accord. But I know what you mean as my 86 LX-I, 87 LX and my first B49-M 89 LX were bowed. Most likely caused by the Southern Summer Heat. Like you said. Small shim on one side or the other stopped the binding, but was still obvious towards the top. I did notice on my 86 LX-I that every last window was etched with the VIN number. It could have been done for Security Purposes, but I'm still baffled by that as my other Accords haven't had that done. Last year at a show the guy did a VIN check on the firewall, driver door jamb, and windshield to verify that nothing has been changed. The VIN on the firewall is very clear as it is like someone put tape over it when in primer and then sprayed the car B49-M Blue. As before, this wasn't done on my previous Accords, but this car's paint is original.

A friend of mine has a 1989 SE-I Coupe sitting in his backyard. It was his Ex-Girlfriend's car and she wrecked it (hood, driver headlight door, and top of driver fender) by going under an Excursion. Nothing underneath the sheet metal is hurt, but she blew the tranny (Automatic) in the wreck. I'm in talks with him about buying it as it has a lot of options on it for an SE-I. Another guy has been after it as well, but he keeps telling the guy its sold (because I inquired about it a year ago). So, we'll see on that.

I love my Accord, always on the lookout for others for sale. I did have a craigslist ad out at one time offering to buy 1986-1989 Honda Accords in running or non running condition for fair scrap value ($200-300.00 non running - $400-600.00 running). Then they would be evaluated for condition, if re-sellable or not, and for parts condition. Figure since we have specialty yards here why can't I start my own. LoL But idiots around here run them across the scales full of crap instead of trying to let others save the ones that are still on the road with the useable parts. Long Live 3Geez!

Blaaz
02-25-2014, 09:41 AM
I have a couple of factory stereos left. Gave my original to a friend for his Civic.

Anyone else notice the 88-89 Lx-i in the new Camry commercial? I doubt the new Camrys are anywhere as reliable as 3G Accords.

Hazwan
02-26-2014, 06:31 AM
So clean!

TNTumbler
02-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Thanx guys. This Honda has been a test of my patience at times, but the rewards make the frustration look minor. I've had to fix the trunk latch issue because you would have to literally slam the hell out of it (resulting in the previous owners putting 2 minor dents in the trunk/boot lid). Now it opens and shuts like new after a li'l metal massage and realigning of the striker plate. I've had to realign the hood after some @$$hat in a Silverado backed into it putting a small baseball (more like golf ball) size dent in it. Rebuilding the door trip switches for the interior lighting, and rebuilding the 25 yr old Original Denso Alternator (the uninstall and reinstall was a PITA). Still got some more work to do. Hoping the axles from Honda will be in any day now so I can replace the 25 yr old originals. Ball Joints should be in hopefully the same day. Figure 25 yrs and 152k miles these things are ready for a change. Honda confirmed that oil changes, fluid changes, and regular tune-ups are all that this car has had over the years. So I'm the lucky owner to have to replace the things that are eventually going to break. LoL Honda of Jacksonville/Little Rock, AR had just put 4 tires, plugs, wires, filters, and done an oil change just before I purchased it. They also did the routine timing belt check as well as fluid check. So in my book a Well Maintained Honda is a Happy Honda. LoL

charliekuney
02-26-2014, 08:35 PM
I've had to fix the trunk latch issue because you would have to literally slam the hell out of it (resulting in the previous owners putting 2 minor dents in the trunk/boot lid). Now it opens and shuts like new after a li'l metal massage and realigning of the striker plate.

Not even kidding: I have owned more than one 3G where I swear it came out of the factory with the trunk latch installed upside-down. Did you check to see it was angled the right way? It should be angled up, not in (towards the rear seat). My last 3G, a 1989 LX-i sedan...I always had to slam the trunk, then I took a good hard look at the trunk latch and noticed it was fairly marked up and looked like it wasn't facing the right way. Flipped it around, and bam - I could shut the trunk lid with my pinky finger.

TNTumbler
02-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Charlie, I flipped it over because I saw the same thing on every last 3G I've ever owned and I flipped them too. This one had been slammed so hard that I had to replace the striker because it was so badly misshapen and cracked. Where the latch attaches to the trunk lid was slightly sunk in from being slammed. It was a simple massage and no damage to the paint either. Now mine shuts with a pinky as well. You pull the trunk release and there's no loud KER-THUNK either. Its bad enough when you shut the doors and it makes your ears pop because the seals are that good (like new) and then when you have to slam the trunk to get it to shut! That would almost give me a migraine. Ugh!

P.S. I got after the factory floor mats with Oxy Clean, Dawn Dish Detergent, and a some Awesome. My tub went from white to black! I even shop vac'd and shook the hell out of the mats before attempting this. OMG! When I was done scrubbing them, I ran a carpet cleaner with the same solution over them. They are now a nice shade of blue, but tomorrow we'll see if they are still stained or if they came out clean. I used this same solution on the carpet and seats in the car with great success. Cross your fingers!

TNTumbler
02-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Well, I got lucky with 2 out of 3 of the floor mats I have. The driver's mat is toast! Thread worn and stained beyond repair.

5943 5944

Has anyone seen or got one of these?? This came with my car and I just found it in the dash tucked up in and around the heater core box behind the glove box. It is the operation manual for the cruise control switches. How cool is that? Now, I gotta figure out where these were hanging on the cars when they were sitting on the dealer's lots.

And my biggest confusion of the day. How many hi-mount brake light housing were there on the 88-89 Accords? My housing is on the left, the one I got from a 1989 LX-I Sedan is on the right. The LX-I being made at the Marysville, OH plant, and mine being built in Japan. Odd, but I like the LX-i's Hi-Mount better as it has a rubber grommet around the light where it meets the glass and vents in the bottom. I'm thinking this might stop the problem of wasps and other flying insects from getting in my light.

charliekuney
02-28-2014, 06:17 PM
^ I don't know what the specifics are on which ones got them or not but I've seen them on every year, trim, body style and color.

Dr_Snooz
02-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Yay for clean floor mats! I got a cheapy floor mat from Wal-Mart that sits over the top of my driver's mat. My factory mat isn't perfect, but at least it's not getting any worse now.

TNTumbler
02-28-2014, 08:28 PM
Charlie, I remember my 1986 LX-I (reddish brown), 1987 LX (Blue), and 1989 SE-I Coupe (Ivory) all having these (the one on the right). My 1988 LX, and first 1989 LX B49-M Accord had the hi-mount like this 1989 LX had (the one on the left). I replaced my hi-mount light as you can see one it was cracked/broken, the lens had been changed with the glue coming loose on the current lens, and the bulb socket along with the socket mounting location all being melted. I got the car I heard the bulb explode when I put on the brakes one day. Some idiot had put a halogen bulb adaptor with a halogen bulb in the hi-mount light. The hi-mount lens was so severely melted from the heat it literally looked like the Rolling Stone's tongue. Yes it was comical and I wish I could have saved it but the lens was extremely brittle and fell apart upon removing it. Well between replacing the lens and now the rubber stubber on the brake pedal wore out and the brake lights would stay on. I.E. Melting the current lens. :banghead: So hence me getting a replacement.

5947 5948 5949

Dr_Snooz, I love clean floor mats! I would love to find if possible another Driver Side front floor mat and a rear floor mat for a Sedan in Type C Blue Interior color. I only have three of the 4 mats. :sad2: I have a Mossy Oak floor mat that I use in the place of the driver's mat (doesn't fit well, LoL) and I keep the original in the trunk until we have a show. Then the car is cleaned out of EVERYTHING including my Sirius XM Radio equipment (A judge popped me for that!).

I'm hoping someone knew/or knows where the Cruise Control Instruction Manual hanger would have been hanging when these cars were new. I'm just so stoked over this as I've never seen one before!

charliekuney
03-01-2014, 06:48 PM
I have sold Dodge's before ('13 models in 2012) and we hung the instructions on the wiper arm on the left side of the steering wheel. Not sure where Honda had them in 1989.

Dr_Snooz
03-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Wiper arm gets my vote too.

Ayeobe
03-02-2014, 04:26 PM
I assume it would look something like this in 1989 aswell
http://imageshack.com/a/img163/5605/k0kj.jpg
I wish i could go to a car show where they took my 3g seriously enough to judge it... Your car looks very clean, though. Makes me want to post more detailed photos of mine.. I love the blue color though

TNTumbler
03-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Thank you Ayeobe! Those pictures help so much! Thank you everyone for your comments as well. You have a very nice and clean Accord as well. With my Accord having a Manual Transmission I doubt they came with something on "Proper Shifting" on one of these cards. This is the first time I've seen these cards. I find it just too cool. My Accord is stored yet again as the weather took a turn and we had 3" of ice dumped on us with less than an inch of snow on top of that. Fun times!

TNTumbler
03-06-2014, 04:18 PM
Yay! I got the hubcaps for my Accord. These will be a big help and I won't get points deducted come April 5th when the show rolls around. Now if Mother Nature would take her Valium, Xanax, or whatever she takes and straighten out with the weather (warmer temps PLEASE!) I can swap my hubcaps around and mount them where they need to be. That'll be about a 30 minute job. LoL

The passenger side hubcap (left one) is passable, but I might eventually look for one that isn't starting to peel. Just see how time and money go.

Ayeobe
03-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Hey man thanks for the compliments toward my 3g. Also, not sure if those AT ones go where i put mine, but i dont know where else it'd go ... I have two sets of AT / Cruise cards, but for the manual, ive never seen a card on how to shift..in the owners manual, though, it says what RPMs to shift at and what speeds and whatever..
Im happy to see you have those hubcaps now. Cant wait to see more pics

TNTumbler
03-08-2014, 06:28 PM
I tried to get pics today, but stupid Android wasn't cooperating. So, when I'm out with my Car Club tomorrow, I'll get some more pics now that I got the hubcaps on and all are going in the right direction. I'll even get a pic of the door pocket that I installed replacing a totally destroyed unit that was on the car. She's coming together and almost ready! This car catches so much attention! I dunno if its the styling, the color, or just her over all condition. I got asked today if I'd be interesting in selling her. I had to politely say "No, sorry. She's my baby." and smile.

That is the next thing to get for her is an owner's manual as mine was stolen out the glove box the day after I bought her. Really hurt my feelings and pissed me off highly at the same time. This isn't uncommon here in Memphis as they sell them at flea markets or try and sell them at the local salvage yards. I keep looking for mine when I see someone peddling owner's manuals at the local salvage yard because my owner's manual had the original owners name, address, and the dealership in Opelika, AL where she came from. I see I'm gonna have to re-clean the interior again as I have found a few spots trying to return.

Ayeobe
03-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Damn thats bull, cant beleive someone took the owners manual.. i have a spare, but its not in great shape, and its canadian 1987..
Someone once stopped in traffic, and yelled at me to sell him my car Lol it was rediculous... My sedan dosnt catch as much attention as the Pontiac Parisienne i own(ed), but those who notice it, really notice it.
Im also happy you're going for all OEM, bone stock, and 100% mint, man. Its awesome.

TNTumbler
03-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Ok. I finally got pictures of the map pocket and a quick shot of the Accord with her replacement hubcaps.

Map Pocket Before:

Map Pocket After:

And you can tell a BIG difference in the door light's brightness since replacing the corroded socket (compare the two pics).

And here is a pic of the Honda with her replacement caps. I had just gotten home from a Car Club Breakfast Meeting. Fun times and everyone just loves this li'l car. I show up and everyone is always lookin' at it and pointing things out to other members. Enjoy!

Ayeobe
03-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Damn man lookin good! Love it when people put work in! More pics.

TKP89
03-10-2014, 12:51 PM
I have a couple of factory stereos left. Gave my original to a friend for his Civic.

Anyone else notice the 88-89 Lx-i in the new Camry commercial? I doubt the new Camrys are anywhere as reliable as 3G Accords.

i believe that is a mid-80s corolla in the commerical, ae86 i think.

TNTumbler
03-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Well today was too beautiful to sit indoors and sulk (even tho I feel like I got hit by a truck!). So we took the Honda to the River Bluff today for a li'l photo shoot on Americas Next Hot Honda. LoL Cleaned her up a tad and people were giving us thumbs up, coming up asking us what year she is, and asking if she has a custom paint color sprayed on her. A guy wants me to loan her to him to sit in his Honda Dealership showroom. I told him the only way I'd let that happen is if he threw in a few gaskets, water pump, and timing belt plus get the idle right. LoL He took my number, so you never know. So enough blabbing. Here she is Spring Fresh and ready for the start of the show season.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140310_155006_zps015f473a.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140310_155006_zps015f473a.jpg.html)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140310_155626_zps38fbd3d9.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140310_155626_zps38fbd3d9.jpg.html)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140310_155557_zps449c2fa0.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140310_155557_zps449c2fa0.jpg.html)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140310_155030_zps6996d8d0.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140310_155030_zps6996d8d0.jpg.html)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140310_160615_zps7ff8fb9a.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140310_160615_zps7ff8fb9a.jpg.html)

TNTumbler
03-10-2014, 05:04 PM
And a few more.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140310_155250_zps2df2d4cf.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140310_155250_zps2df2d4cf.jpg.html)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140310_155611_zpsaa219113.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140310_155611_zpsaa219113.jpg.html)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140310_155151_zps87bd5179.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140310_155151_zps87bd5179.jpg.html)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140310_155722_zps63a4d280.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140310_155722_zps63a4d280.jpg.html)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140310_155648_zps2e4fba3b.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140310_155648_zps2e4fba3b.jpg.html)

The tag on the car is the "Show Tag" as it is the correct issuant year (1989) plus its the county I live in here in Tennessee. Since I have an Antique Tag Application in processing I still have to take this tag off when running the streets. LoL Enjoy!

Dr_Snooz
03-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Bro, that engine bay is looking NICE! First class all the way!

TNTumbler
03-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Bro, that engine bay is looking NICE! First class all the way!

Thanx Dr_Snooz. Coming from you is a great compliment in itself. I took her to a buddy of mine who pressure wash cleaned every li'l nook and cranny in the engine compartment. We took the battery out, bagged the distributor and carburetor, and went after it. Took roughly 2 hours, 2.5 bottles of Simple Green, and 1 big bottle of Purple Power. Underneath the car was Pure Black! Going to get all the stuff to detail the interior and exterior in the next week so I can start getting her ready for April 5th.

TNTumbler
03-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Ok, Quick question guys. What do you think my car would be worth in asking price? Its in excellent shape, runs good but needs carburetor work (has a small issue with high idle at the moment), tires are new, and so are a lot of other things under the hood (vacuum lines, alt voltage regulator and brushes, battery, plugs, wires, dizzy cap, etc). Mileage is just above 152k. I like the car, don't get me wrong, but I'm seriously thinking I'm fixin' to need a truck soon with home renovations, work, etc coming in play. Average book on Nada Classic's page is $4500.00 and above average is $7000.

charliekuney
03-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Honestly, it's a twenty-five-year-old cabureted Honda. It's not 10/10 and there's no market for the car. If you found someone dumb enough who really wanted that exact car you could probably get $3,000. NADA and KBB have nothing to do with the amount of cash someone wants to hand over for an old (and not remotely rare) import.

2oodoor
03-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Honestly, it's a twenty-five-year-old cabureted Honda. It's not 10/10 and there's no market for the car. If you found someone dumb enough who really wanted that exact car you could probably get $3,000. NADA and KBB have nothing to do with the amount of cash someone wants to hand over for an old (and not remotely rare) import.

In other words TNT you could get as much as $3000 or more from the right buyer. It takes time and effecient exposure for your sale to draw that buyer, start high and post the sale on sites lke mautified.com, hemmings etc.

tipo2009
03-25-2014, 05:55 AM
Nice!

Civic Accord Honda
03-27-2014, 03:50 PM
shes soooo clean and pretty! love how your fixing all the little worn pieces that most people dont notice. i need to get new "map pockets" for my lxi coupe. but finding clean tan coupe door panels to get them from has been an impossible find so far!

TNTumbler
03-28-2014, 06:19 PM
Civic Accord Honda, I'm trying to keep her together, but she fights me tooth and nail. She only has 152k miles on her, but obviously 2 of the 3 previous owners before he didn't take care of her like she needed to be. I've done nothing but keep the hood up for the past 6 months trying to fix this, that, or something else. To be honest, its getting very old and tiresome as I wasn't expecting this big of a project. She is so pretty and in great shape too boot for her age. She does have the typical li'l dings here and there, but no accidents reported or anything like that.

Civic Accord Honda
03-28-2014, 06:38 PM
i know the feeling! i bought my 3g from a member on here who took pretty good care of her and tried to fix all the little problems but the problems it had took over the whole car. whoever he got it from took horrible care of the engine for it to of had a main bearing knock and no 5th gear with under 120k miles!. and little problems keep poping up like ECT sensor now went bad. some other sensors have had to be replaced. my hood is open more then i drive it LOL!. hoping the engine keeps holding up until i can save up enough cash to pick up a daily driver so i can replace the drivetrain on it . trying to keep it going for now ive done the main and rod bearings, clutch, timing belt kit, 5th gear and bunch of other things. but more adds up every week :lol:

but over all the body and interior of the car is mint! the paints not as nice as yours due to california sunshine but shes straight and the leather interior is as soft as it was when it left the showroom!

TNTumbler
04-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Today was the Kiwanis Charity Car Show in Germantown, TN (area of Memphis, TN). Trying to represent the 3geez (and my local car club) to my best ability and I don't think I did too bad with our first judged car show of the season. I placed 3rd Place in the Asian All Years and Makes class. Got tons of compliments and even the judges were impressed. I was the only Honda of any model out there. Enjoy!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140405_091053_zps1086caae.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140405_091053_zps1086caae.jpg.html)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/Tumbler75/89Accord/20140405_171422_zps13fcc8dc.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Tumbler75/media/89Accord/20140405_171422_zps13fcc8dc.jpg.html)

Dr_Snooz
04-06-2014, 06:12 AM
More pics of the 180SL!

Oops. I mean, way to go!

TNTumbler
09-21-2014, 08:12 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/21/7980cd89fa217b7d0a29528032ac96a7.jpg

Lorelei on Saturday Morning (Sept 20th, 2014) at the club's rendezvous point to caravan to the Collierville Car Show here in Memphis, Tennessee. It was a show and shine and she got plenty of attention.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/21/15779835278f0304948d26429d371950.jpg

Only 3 club members entered. The red 66 Pontiac Catalina wagon draws a crowd everywhere she goes. I hope I'm representing and doing 3Geez around the world justice by showing my baby girl.

Dr_Snooz
09-22-2014, 08:54 PM
Please tell me that Riviera was already parked there when you guys arrived.

TNTumbler
09-23-2014, 01:29 PM
That is another club member. If I was him I'd have brought his Stang, or God forbid the Mercedes or BMW verts. LoL

Robb
10-08-2014, 06:46 AM
Beauty !