PDA

View Full Version : Cold Start Issues Normal?

mroinsno
02-25-2014, 10:39 AM
Hello everyone! Brand new to the forum and both cars and more specifically Hondas. I owned a jeep when I was in high school and the beginning of college but sold it to pay for college. Fast forward a couple years and I'm back on the road! WITH POP UP HEADLIGHTS!!! Super stoked on my 88 LXi that I just got. I replaced the timing belt instantly as it wasn't done in awhile and when I was down in socal it was fine she ran like a dream. I just drove her up to my college in Lake Tahoe and she did fantastic! EXCEPT on the hills by mammoth and some of the other steep ones where she was really slow but she didn't overheat or anything (my old jeep did) so needless to say I was ecstatic! However the day after I got up here, yesterday, I went out to start my car to go to school and she didn't want to start without giving her some extra gas. Then she was fine after like 3 seconds. Is this normal? She wasn't parked on a severe incline or anything to explain why. It probably got as low at MAX like 34 degrees maybe overnight. Its been pretty warm here. I just want to know whats up thanks guys!

Mike

Dr_Snooz
02-26-2014, 08:16 PM
It doesn't sound too worrying. It might take some time for the ECU to adjust to the higher altitude. Give it a few weeks and see if it doesn't improve.