PDA

View Full Version : clunking sound when I turn

TREVOR
11-23-2002, 03:41 PM
When I am turning a corner, there is like a cluncking sound up front. What the hell is that? Is it my suspension or something?
Thanx :confused:

p.s. If cluncking isn't a word, it should be.

dXsquared
11-23-2002, 03:46 PM
the clicking is ur CV shafts. get them replaced.

Travis

AZmike
11-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Does it clunk once when you turn?
Yes? --> suspension noise

Or does it go clunk...clunk...clunk at lower speeds and clunkclunkclunk when going faster with the wheels turned?
Yes? --> CV shaft should be replaced

HondaBoy
11-30-2002, 09:35 PM
i would say its the CV joints. replace ur half shafts. u can get them at just about any auto parts store. i got mine at Pepboy's, i got the part and installation for $278.54 . my friend had this problem and finaly after being worn out it locked up and sent him spinning into a light pole. i recommend getting this fixed ASAP!!! mine had got soo bad it started wobbleing at a moderate speed. like about 35mph. dont let them get soo bad that they break. this can damage your tranny, or even the engine if they lock up.

Immeraufdemhund
12-06-2002, 07:52 PM
i have that same one clunk type thing when i turn left. It sounds like somethign is hitting metal.. what is that?

anchovies
12-06-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Immeraufdemhund
i have that same one clunk type thing when i turn left. It sounds like somethign is hitting metal.. what is that?

metal hitting something :rolleyes:

Just jack the front of the car up and check the suspension parts. Turn the wheels to the left and check it again.

dXsquared
12-06-2002, 10:45 PM
if there is any CLUNKING when u turn a corner at low speeds, it is your CV shafts! they are expensive, but they last for a long time... get the brand new ones with the lifetime warenty and not the REMANUFACTURED ones

Travis

Immeraufdemhund
12-09-2002, 06:21 AM
it's intermitant. it only does it with weight. One time the honda tech found that one of my bolts was loose. suppose i could check that agian. and yes it's only at low speeds. I just had my cv shaft changed from honda i specified brand new...(i should start doing this on my own, i'm missing both my legs and one of my arms now)

TREVOR
12-09-2002, 04:38 PM
:eek: Damn now you really got me scared HondaBoy.
My car is getting pretty wobly even at low speeds. So its my cv shafts. I thought is was my rotors that was making my car wobly because they need to be replaced as well. Would I have to get both replaced at the same time or could I just do one for now? They are freaking expensive.