PDA

View Full Version : Carb wires

Rosco
11-23-2002, 05:53 PM
Alright....i'm not sure if many or anyone could answer this...but i'll give it a try. I just got my carb on, and finally found out where all those @$#%ing vaccum lines attached too. By the way, it's an '83 Accord. Alright, so i got those all figured out, now i'm trying to get this wiring right.... There's a yellow wire on the back side of the carb, and one on the drivers side that connect and then come out into 1 yellow wire...I'm not really sure what those are for. And then there is a yellow/black wire that comes out from the back-passenger side of the carb. I'm not really sure what that connects to either. My best chance right now is trying to find and connect these wire's to their similar color. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks alot!

79EK1
11-24-2002, 06:41 PM
The yellow wires are for the idle cutoff solenoids and the black/yellow is for the choke heater. You'll need to hook them up to get the carb to work right. Look for the female connectors on the firewall near where the the carb wires are. Usually, when you stretch out the wires, the female connectors will be within a few inches.

Hope that helps.

Rosco
11-25-2002, 08:04 AM
thanks...i finally got all of them hooked up. Except for a set of black and red wires that come from the passenger side over to the drivers side. I can't find any connectors for those, so i just taped them up. Finally got the car started too, just have an idle problem now, 2k rpms actually and with the fast idle screw almost all the way out. SO i'm thinking that's a vaccum leak somewhere..