PDA

View Full Version : How to get exterior trim snapped back on?

r4racin
03-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Used the search bar for hours and can't seem to find a decent picture or explanation of how to snap the trim back on. I snapped mine off and need to A.) Find a decent site to buy an OEM trim piece and B.) Find a diagram or explanation of how to snap it back on. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the 2 little snaps back on. Any help in the right direction would be much appreciated by this newbie!

RAZR
03-04-2014, 05:10 PM
To snap it back in you simple push it in. you wont be able to buy oem trim anywhere check the forsale section here, eBay, and junk yards are your only option.

r4racin
03-04-2014, 05:13 PM
To snap it back in you simple push it in. you wont be able to buy oem trim anywhere check the forsale section here, eBay, and junk yards are your only option.

That's the same description I saw everywhere else..."Just push it back in"...do I push it in straight towards the body? Do I slide it in towards the wheel well? SO CONFUSED

RAZR
03-04-2014, 05:17 PM
That's the same description I saw everywhere else..."Just push it back in"...do I push it in straight towards the body? Do I slide it in towards the wheel well? SO CONFUSED

ok so those two back pieces that are still in the fender are broken trim. take those out when u get the new trim youll see how to get it back in. Line up the hole and push straight simple as that

r4racin
03-04-2014, 05:19 PM
ok so those two back pieces that are still in the fender are broken trim. take those out when u get the new trim youll see how to get it back in. Line up the hole and push straight simple as that

Ahhhh! See thats what I was missing, I didn't realize those were broken pieces, I figured it was some sort of odd Japanese sliding bracket system. Now the most important question to me is how do you remove the complete trim piece without breaking it? This is crucial if I'm going to be getting it from a junk yard...

RAZR
03-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Ahhhh! See thats what I was missing, I didn't realize those were broken pieces, I figured it was some sort of odd Japanese sliding bracket system. Now the most important question to me is how do you remove the complete trim piece without breaking it? This is crucial if I'm going to be getting it from a junk yard...
Well u have to remove the fender........or door panels if your pulling door trim

On these cars 10mm Socket is your best friend.