PDA

View Full Version : Dome / Door Lights

Project-LXi
11-24-2002, 11:11 PM
Does anyone know where I could find replacements for the little bulbs inside the door and dome lights? Most of mine are burnt out. I was also wondering if it would be possible (without serious time consuming modifications) to find blue bulbs or LEDs that would fit the door lights, and if so who would carry them? I really want to have blue lights for my doors, and since all but 1 are now burnt out, I figured now would be a good time to do that.

Chubs87Accord
11-25-2002, 02:51 AM
i used a sharpie to color my bulbs :D that would be a good thing for the sharpie commercials, lol

Chubs87Accord
11-25-2002, 02:52 AM
btw.... just take a bulb out... go to like r&s strauss or like pepboys or some and just match up the size for the bulbs... thats what i did

MyGarbageLXi
11-25-2002, 05:03 AM
canu get Hper white for thsee sizes?

Thorny88Lx
11-25-2002, 09:58 AM
I colored mine with a sharpie too and it suxs. Goto autozone they have colored bulbs and they also have these little rubber condom things that go on the light to change the color, those work really good too.

89LXiCoupe
11-25-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Project-LXi
Does anyone know where I could find replacements for the little bulbs inside the door and dome lights? Most of mine are burnt out. I was also wondering if it would be possible (without serious time consuming modifications) to find blue bulbs or LEDs that would fit the door lights, and if so who would carry them? I really want to have blue lights for my doors, and since all but 1 are now burnt out, I figured now would be a good time to do that.

I see that you're in NorCal too. Where exactly are you located? I believe I have extra dome lights. And as far as colors go, Autozone has the rubber (condom-like) thingies for under 2 bucks a pair.

87accordlx
11-25-2002, 12:40 PM
i used a sharpie marker and it wore/burnt off in a few days, use transparent tamiya model paint, it's held up for me for about 6 months now

HostileJava
11-25-2002, 02:19 PM
I just replace my dome light with a blue strobe light. It's extremely easy to wire it up to where the dome light originally was connected to.

socal3rdgen
11-25-2002, 02:27 PM
model car paint works well cuz its transparent.

Project-LXi
11-25-2002, 05:29 PM
I see that you're in NorCal too. Where exactly are you located? I believe I have extra dome lights. And as far as colors go, Autozone has the rubber (condom-like) thingies for under 2 bucks a pair.

I live in Santa Cruz, you?

Neuspeed007
11-25-2002, 09:36 PM
i got some coverlets that are blu, they make it look pretty cool

Project-LXi
11-25-2002, 09:39 PM
Awesome! thanks a lot guys, I didnt think this thread would get much of a responce, and if it did I figured the mod would be time consuming and expensive. Now I just gotta find where the hell there is an Autozone in the bay area, Ive never heard of that store before. Oh well, time to look it up in the phone book.

89LXiCoupe
11-26-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Project-LXi
I live in Santa Cruz, you?

I'm from a place out in the middle of nowhere called Oroville.