PDA

View Full Version : My 88 LXi coupe. dubbed (Project Lo-Tech)

D-rockilla
03-08-2014, 05:48 PM
So I picked this Honda up a few weeks ago. Its my first Honda ever and I actually really like it. I'm a car guy and have been my whole life. Also my whole life I hated Hondas because of the stupid kids that drive them with bean can exhaust and under glow lights and the drive them like it the fastest car in the world. I guess the easiest way to explain it is the fast n furious gen of kids gave Hondas a bad rap in my book lol. Now I own one and am fighting the urge to tinker with it. I mean its cheap its easy why not. So in order to feel better about it I am giving it a goofy project name and will make light jokes about it as I enjoy every bit of it secretly deep down inside haha. So here she is today after I cleaned the salt off her. 88 Honda Accord lxi coupe 2.0l EFI 5 speed manual 248,XXX and runs like a dream.

TNTumbler
03-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Beautiful! That color is so fitting to that body style. I've owned Hondas since I was 19 yrs old, have worked for Honda, and I totally understand about these "kids" and their "Tuned Rice" cars (they do it to Nissans, Toyotas, and Suzuki too). Can't wait to see what all you do to your li'l "Lo-Tech Ride." :)

D-rockilla
03-08-2014, 09:32 PM
Beautiful! That color is so fitting to that body style. I've owned Hondas since I was 19 yrs old, have worked for Honda, and I totally understand about these "kids" and their "Tuned Rice" cars (they do it to Nissans, Toyotas, and Suzuki too). Can't wait to see what all you do to your li'l "Lo-Tech Ride." :)

Thanks for the reply bud. Like I said this is my first but I like it. I never worked for Honda directly but I used to weld lower control arms and cross beams at a sub plant for Honda CRV's put together at the Marysville and East Liberty Ohio plants. First will be lowering her down a little the getting rid of the ridiculous air intake piping. Then paint, the pic shows the good side of the car. The passenger side looks like it was parked next to a fire. The clear coat is melted in big drips and the ends of these drips are burned. Weird? Bottom line I like messing with cars and this is what I have to mess with so nuff said lol.

Ayeobe
03-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Keep it rust free, make sure the balljoints are fine, and keep it maintained and she'll be the most loyal car you will ever own. Enphasis on the rust bit.

Dr_Snooz
03-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Yes sir. These cars can soften even the flintiest of hearts. Have fun and enjoy the project.

D-rockilla
03-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Done with the first Lo-Tech project. Satin black bumper satin wheels and VHT nightshades on the signal lights and the fake little light lenses on the headlight covers.