PDA

View Full Version : assistance needed

lucytripping
03-08-2014, 10:51 PM
hey guys, ive been surfing the web/ forum for a few hours now and cant really find a solution here so any help/ advice would be GREAT!

so my problem:
my p.s steering rack has a bad hose that cannot be replaced and i dont have the money for a new rack. i tried to fix with hose connectors and clamps but when i slide the connector into the hose on the rack it just breaks more. its extremely umm.... brittle, best way to describe.

so im trying to figure out how i can bypass the use of power steering?

convert to manual steering i guess?

please help!

2oodoor
03-09-2014, 05:30 AM
Good news! I sent some elves over last nite and tbey fixed it, hows that for service!

Not really but sometimes that happens I swear it does:)

No such thing as a hose whom there is not rplacement, thou musteth seek hose stock upon parts traders, or summons the Rock Auto or Amazon for replacement hose and tell them tthine 3geez discount code. You may lucketh upeth on a closout deal.

lucytripping
03-09-2014, 07:28 AM
Really?
Well AutoZone lies then... they said that the hose that runs from bellow to bellow is irreplaceable because it goes straight into the rack?

lucytripping
03-09-2014, 09:13 AM
Okay well i may have found an answer but im not sure.
The hose that runs from one bellow to the other,
Is it an air line or is it a pressurized hose? I read many different things and i am now UN sure

HLW
03-09-2014, 10:32 AM
The hose that goes between the bellows on the rack is not a pressure hose. It just lets air move between the bellows as one expands and the other collapses. It is used to prevent a vacuum in the expanding bellows while at the same time preventing pressure from increasing in the collapsing bellows to keep the bellows sealed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

lucytripping
03-09-2014, 11:00 AM
Well thank you! Ha made my day, autozone guy clearly had no clue what he was talking about

Dr_Snooz
03-09-2014, 06:46 PM
If there is oil dripping from that hose, then you probably have a bad rack.

lostforawhile
03-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Really?
Well AutoZone lies then... they said that the hose that runs from bellow to bellow is irreplaceable because it goes straight into the rack?

oh my god, DON"T GO TO IDIOT ZONE, thats nothing but a piece of rubber hose, it only lets air move between the bellows. it's regular old vacuum line, if you go back there please let them know I said they were idiots,do they train them to be that stupid?

lucytripping
03-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Ha i made a big deal about their stupidity when i went back and i got it fixed (: thanks guys all i need now is a new tie rod end. The one on my passenger side has alot of play..