PDA

View Full Version : updated radiator flushing how to

88 Accord DX
11-25-2002, 09:06 AM
last weekend i thought it would be good to go ahead and flush my radiator before it got too cold, so i printed out the how to off the board. i went out to my car and covered up the distributer and battery but as i was flusing it the car would still turn off. this happened 5 or six times, sometimes i even had to wait 5 to 10 minutes before it would start back up. well i got so pissed i went and got a trash bag and covered the whole engine and pushed it over the bleeder screw. then it worked good. i dont know what was getting wet but somthing was. anyway just wanted to help out anyone in the future so they dont get pissed off like me.

shepherd79
11-25-2002, 01:13 PM
most likely your distributor was getting socked wet.
all you have to do is cover it.

anchovies
11-25-2002, 01:18 PM
I think the how-to is abit wrong. If you open the bleed bolt and run the engine, coolant will shoot out from it. A wet distributor will give you trouble. That's just my opinion, different ppl have different ways to flush and bleed the cooling system.

ACCORD EX
11-26-2002, 02:27 AM
for my personal experience ! i have bleed the system in many cars using this way !

first anchovies : when you open the screw the coolant doesn't shoot the way you think it does , yes it shoots high when @ 3000 rpm or something !

second : the car should be totally hot ( fan turned on at least once )

third : cover starter , igniter , distributer ( a tight covering )

if you follow the above you won't have problems ! ( i hope ) :D

MIKE

88 Accord DX
11-26-2002, 05:56 AM
i covered the distributer good. it was still dry when i took the covering off. i dont know what was getting wet but covering the whole engine works

ACCORD EX
11-26-2002, 06:59 AM
:werd:

MIKE