PDA

View Full Version : Need help with fogs

Thorny88Lx
11-25-2002, 10:18 AM
ok I bought some fogs this weekend and they are remote controlled. the only problem is you have to use the remote to turn them on and off, there is no switch inside whick is a little annoying. I was wondering if any of you could help me figure out how to make a switch. The lights are made by Rally and they are called "Remote Control Halogen Driving Lights"

zip7
11-25-2002, 09:57 PM
First, how do you want it? Remote and switch or just switch? If you want only switch, you must buy a another relay and run your wires to the relay plus run a new wire to your new switch. ( instruction are in the How to). However, I have not seen the remote unit so I would not be able to tell you where to bypass the remote switch. It is attach to the relay or seperated? hope this help..

amalgumjoe
11-25-2002, 10:31 PM
I don't know what your fogs are like, but I got a pair of rally lights just like that about a year ago and right out of the package one of my remotes didn't work and unless I mounted the remote in the car the battery would wear out in a very short time. So a switch would definitely be the way to go here.