PDA

View Full Version : Weber install, no tech just pictures

Richard D Miller
03-12-2014, 10:09 AM
Well I am almost done, need to block off the air suction pipe. attach the throttle cable, and attach various vacuum lines.

I also installed a new alternator, bored out the manifold and did other things that I was to busy to take pictures.

sorry

Dr_Snooz
03-15-2014, 08:57 PM
This is the first time I've seen your car and I can say, without hesitation, that yours is the cleanest engine bay I have ever seen. How in the world? I don't think the Duesenbergs in museums are any cleaner. Very impressive.

2ndGenGuy
03-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Damn, yeah no need for apologies, that is damn clean looking!

greentee76
03-17-2014, 03:10 PM
Looks good.
The alternator job is much nicer after the Weber install. Am I right?
The throttle cable bracket that comes with the kit does not allow you to get full throttle with the stock cable. A spacer to move its position around an inch forward will solve that issue. Also the spring that comes with the kit is pretty much useless. I had problems with my the butterflies in the carb not closing all the way until I installed a stiffer spring.
Anyway, have fun with it.

Richard D Miller
03-18-2014, 09:08 PM
Thank you for the kind complements. The alternator is a breeze when there is no intake manifold in the way! I am very pleased with the car. I bought it as a basketcase with a bad carb. Thanks to the combined efforts from those before me I chose to go with this project. Yes I never really had driven the car before, but even with the bad carb that little honda just wanted to run. Damn it tried hard. things like a big FWD gocart! I am working out some bugs still but I am proud of this Accord. BTW the engine bay was absolutely filthy. I got to the point where I was removing hose clamps and hitting them with oven cleaner. I had the hood removed to make the weber install easier and scrubbed the underside of the hood. nice coat of wax, too.

Thanks again!