PDA

View Full Version : fog light remote/car start?

dXsquared
11-25-2002, 01:56 PM
ok at walmart, there is a remote control fog light switch. you place the reciver under the car and run the lights to it. the reciver goes to the battery, so you can turn ur lights on remotly insted of runnin a switch. My question is... can i put this on to the starter and use it as a remote start? if no, why not? its only like 40 bux so i am thinkin of gettin it.

Travis

bobafett
11-25-2002, 01:58 PM
at my walmart they have a remote start unit for $40 anyway... try looking for that!

dXsquared
11-25-2002, 03:04 PM
i mean 40 canadian dollars. the remote start thing is soo much comlicated over this thin. FUNSTICK? do u know?

Travis

bobafett
11-25-2002, 03:27 PM
hmm, well i am not really sure if that would work. you might want to post it in the car alarm audio section, maybe someone there could point you in the right direction... ????

ACCORD EX
11-26-2002, 02:02 AM
i think to start the car remotly , you need something that would start the starter and turn it off once the car is on !

MIKE

dXsquared
11-26-2002, 01:00 PM
yah... i agree. I was gettin dressed this mornin and i was like... damn. if i get i will have to be able to see it and hear it so when it starts, i hit the button again. i am still keepin it(i bought it last night) and wirein it to my neons. REMOTE NEONS!!! kewl! when i get the underbody kit on this spring, it will be awesome!!!

Travis

smufguy
11-26-2002, 02:04 PM
i think the remote starter would work only for the automatic cars, and for manuals which do not need the clutch to be depressed to start the car. My car used be like that, u have to depress the clutch to start it up. But after the conversion which the wireharness did not have a wire going to the clutch pedal sensor, my car starts without the clutch being depressed.

carotman
11-26-2002, 05:59 PM
Yes you could use it as a remote starter but you will need to design a little circuit for the different power units (nothing complicated)

The only major problem here is the signal range. I guess you'll need to be real close to the car.... which defeats the purpose or a remote car starter

dXsquared
11-26-2002, 06:06 PM
not tooo close. 100 feet. i am lookin at gettin a remote starter. how do they work on carb cars? do u just not pump the gas? will it start like that? i always give it a shot b4 i turn the key.

Travis