PDA

View Full Version : help/suggestions

juiquan
11-25-2002, 03:30 PM
my automatic transmission is slipping pretty bd right now I want to get an ew transmission but convert it to a stick shift. I want to put a bseries engine into it also. and in the engine swap page it says use a y1 or s1 tranny. I was wondering if this tranny will work with the stock accord engine a20a .

bobafett
11-25-2002, 03:32 PM
i can not say with too much authority. but my feeling says no way.

otherwise alot more of might want to swap trannies if our went out.

i apologize if i am way off, but i am pretty sure its not gonna happen!

dXsquared
11-25-2002, 03:33 PM
this will not work at all. the only tranny that will bolt on is the 2.0 liter Prelude 2 gen tranny. I have one and i love it! Great gears.

Travis

bobafett
11-25-2002, 03:34 PM
REALLY that tranny bolts on/? did you keep your 5th gear, or did you use the lude 5th./

i heard you could use the certain teg transmission, but didnt know you could use the lude's as well. how much did the swap cost ya. it might be worth my time to look into. :)

juiquan
11-25-2002, 03:36 PM
oh i wont put the bseries engine in it right now that will come later.

juiquan
11-25-2002, 03:38 PM
will 2.0 liter Prelude 2 gen tranny work with a bseries engine later on when i do decide to swap . is it hydraulic or cable operated?
btw thanks for the help guys

dXsquared
11-25-2002, 03:50 PM
it is a direct swap. i just took the tranny off the lude and put it on the accord. the case is identical! the tranny use the same clutch, flywheels, throw out bearing, fork and every thing. the shift throw is much shorter with the stock accord shifter and with a Pacesetter short shifter it will be like super short!

no A series parts go on the B series motors... except intakes. kinda...

Travis

bobafett
11-25-2002, 03:52 PM
hmm the swap is that simple eh? might be time to cruise the boneyards.... i wonder how much people would want for a tranny. i have never looked so i dont wanna get screwed on the price...

dXsquared
11-25-2002, 03:58 PM
i got a whole lude for 100 bux! i took the seats, shifter engine and tranny, aluminums, steerwheel, and some brake parts.

Travis

juiquan
11-25-2002, 04:04 PM
hrmm so im limited untill i do get the engine so i change the engine and tran at same time.
thnx guys

bobafett
11-25-2002, 04:47 PM
man dx thats quite a find~ i wish i could get my hands on a deal like that!!! i have a short shifter nd the prelude wheel now, i would love the tranny, and also some better seats, though i am partial to the crx si seats! they seem a little less "sloppy" than the lude seats... maybe it was just the lude i sat in though... :)