PDA

View Full Version : Brake Problem!!!

DoktorC
11-25-2002, 04:23 PM
Ok...I've done the brakes on my 88 EX and my peddle still goes to the floor...I've got brakes but if I push hard the peddle keeps going to the floor. It very weird...I've blead them (over and over and over again) but it doesn't change. I'm thinking it the master cylinder but I don't know.....any help would be greatly appreciated..

AccordEpicenter
11-25-2002, 07:22 PM
yeah you might need a master cyl, how many times did you bleed them?

DoktorC
11-25-2002, 07:27 PM
I blead them 3-4 time....then I just cracked the screws and let them run for ten minutes. I pretty good with brakes but this is got me stumped. I've never had trouble with a master cyl. so I don't know how they act when they're screwed.

Jareds 89 LX-i
11-25-2002, 07:53 PM
You just left the bleeder screws open for 10 minutes??? D00d, your brake lines are filled with air. Bleed them the proper way either by having someone pump the pedal (I'm assuming you know the proper procedure here), or using a vacuum pump if doing it yourself, and make sure those bleeder screws are good and tight. You may even have some air around the piston in the master cylinder, which would require bench bleeding to get it out.

DoktorC
11-25-2002, 08:02 PM
I blead them by pumping the first three times, no change. By leaving the bleeders screws undone for ten minutes does the same thing as a vacuum bottle (you don't touch the brake peddle). There is no possible way for air to enter the system by opening the bleed screws if you don't touch the peddle..

anchovies
11-25-2002, 11:36 PM
But you did keep filling the MC with brake fluid while you were gravity bleeding right? Just to make sure. Check/adjust the rear drums also.

DoktorC
11-26-2002, 07:00 AM
Yeah I made sure to keep the resevoir full........back brakes are adjusted..It's gotta be the master cyl. I even replaced the front brake lines (rubber).

AZmike
11-26-2002, 09:08 AM
Maybe something here will be useful:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9421