PDA

View Full Version : My CL find, an 86 LXi

PNWsail
03-15-2014, 05:36 AM
Found this on CL, 292k miles, 5spd. Paid $400 for it. Not much to look at, but it gets a lot better mileage than my dually!

Dr_Snooz
03-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Good stuff! What are your plans for it?

PNWsail
03-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Short range plans, it needs a windshield, and a muffler. Also to fix a number of annoying issues like slow windows (nice article btw), power locks work only with the key, or lck function but not unlock from driver switch, high idle, some hvac lights etc. Oh, and clogged sunroof drains. I think the clutch is due soon, and a valve cover gasket leak. The driver side headlight is misaligned, probably hit on that corner at one time if you look closely at the picture you can see it.

Long range, this is a daily driver, so I want evrything working right first, then mild upgrades as I go. I've looked at megasquirt many times over the years, originally as a v8 carb conversion. Now I'm thinking this would be a great platform for that. When I get to engine rebuild time, will probably be mild performance n/a.

Bottom line, inexpensive fun and reliable transportation, but then again, I can never leave well enough alone. I hav a tendncy to take ontoo many projects lol.