PDA

View Full Version : head job

joshuabrack99
11-25-2002, 08:01 PM
:stupid: does anyone know the specs for a street port and polish on the efi head? or is there specs needed at all- thanks

kraftaroni
11-26-2002, 12:39 AM
Depends on four major factors.
Who's Doing the port job?
Do they have a flow bench?
Is the cam that u have or r buying suitible for a street port?
R u raising the compression to make it suitible for the cam&port?

If your not getting a cam your gains will be considerably less. When I port heads I take many factors into consideration. Aplication N/A. Turbo. NOS or whatever system.. cam I've only done about#10 12 valve heads and the 2.0 liter did alot better than the old civivs I did. My car did over 150 hp with an agressive street port and cam without raising the compression and stock bottom end. I only have a makeshift flowbench that I built when i started messing around with heads. Dont let anyone do the work that hasn't done it before you can loose hp..... Seriously...
The Krafty1

socal3rdgen
11-26-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by kraftaroni
Depends on four major factors.
Who's Doing the port job?
Do they have a flow bench?
Is the cam that u have or r buying suitible for a street port?
R u raising the compression to make it suitible for the cam&port?

If your not getting a cam your gains will be considerably less. When I port heads I take many factors into consideration. Aplication N/A. Turbo. NOS or whatever system.. cam I've only done about#10 12 valve heads and the 2.0 liter did alot better than the old civivs I did. My car did over 150 hp with an agressive street port and cam without raising the compression and stock bottom end. I only have a makeshift flowbench that I built when i started messing around with heads. Dont let anyone do the work that hasn't done it before you can loose hp..... Seriously...
The Krafty1

hey can you post pics of this. :lol just kidding. i know what you said at the meet. :flip:

kraftaroni
11-27-2002, 07:53 PM
didn't you see the head I did at the meet. :lol that was a street port a little on the serious side though cause all the valves were lightened and balanced it had custom cams and a mild street port. with the cam gears cams and port along with the mill and cc is should get 30hp. you can go alot more extreme than that though..pics:barf: pics:D no more pics...... I need a digital camera then i'll post some pics

joshuabrack99
11-27-2002, 11:19 PM
:stick: Can yougive m,e a rough estimate on what it would cost to have that done- and if you could do it? thanks

kraftaroni
12-02-2002, 06:42 PM
Street ports arent that much if not alot is involved but again if they dont know what there doing you could screw somthing up.. they cost from 300-600 depending on the condition of your head? the higher range being flow bench tested. More agressive ports could cost you from 500-1200$ depending on valves and springs welding and machining. you dont really need valves if your not doing Nitrous or turbo because theire heavy and dont really give you more power only reliability. If you have Fi I might be able to do you a trade I have a head In good shape I havn't done yet.

joker2
12-03-2002, 01:29 PM
So how much would you charge to do a ported head, considering someone sends you a core in exchange??? I mean, you seem to know what you're talking about so if you're as good as you say you are then maybe you might want to make a couple of bucks!!!:D

kraftaroni
12-03-2002, 01:57 PM
I'll make up a price list and put it up on the board but I'm working full time so I'm not going to be able to pump them out. Justin has seen one of my heads he can tell you the work involved if it needs valve guids. but generally I charge 250 for a street port 100$ for a 3 angle valve job 80$ to cc the head and 30 to mill or resurface. up to 30 bucks each cylinder to reshape combustion camber which raises the compression to cust. specs..I'm realy good with aircolled vw and 8valve H20 vw's also.. But like I said I have another job... So It sometimes takes me a couple of weeks to do a head..

dXsquared
12-03-2002, 01:59 PM
isnt it a BLOW JOB? thats what i call it... any way... depends on the ho... some charge 20 bux and others are like 300...

Travis

PS : i do get the question...

socal3rdgen
12-03-2002, 02:08 PM
well you got me as a customer in the future krafty1 :D when i get the funds ill be ready and you could take as long as you want to do it. thats if you ever wanted to do for some peeps on the board. and yeah i did see your work that you showed at the meet. it was really good.

kraftaroni
12-03-2002, 06:42 PM
spank u verry much.... I try to put quality parts out there.. for people interested in fixing up----kinda non performance cars like our accords. My project right now is going to be making a jig for turbo manifolds for the 3gee. I made 1/2 of it so far it's almost done. The first one is going to be full race style 4 into 1 but I dont think I'm gonna sell it cause they crack 2 easy. You have to make the pipes to long. But The next one will me after feb. when I get my tax return I'll make a couple of regular manifolds forsmaller turbo's than mine..