PDA

View Full Version : [Wanted] Rear mud flaps for 89 honda accord

sam_dd
03-27-2014, 04:05 AM
Hello, I am looking for rear mud flaps for an 89 Honda accord aerodeck. Those are not common in France and I saw that you have a lot of them in the US. Even if I don't know if they are compatible between sedan and aerodeck but I don't see why it will not.
So does anyone have some rear mud flaps and could send them to the France with a good price ? :D
I heard we could find them easily in the junkyards so if someone wants to help me it would be cool.

lostforawhile
03-28-2014, 08:19 AM
can you get good pics of the aerodeck rear bumper and where they go? I think they are like the hatch, but hatch ones are impossible to find too

sam_dd
03-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Yes, I will try to get them tomorow. In my opinion they are the same for all accord of 89, this part of the bumper is not particularly "useful". But I might be wrong ...
Thanks for your reply anyway ;)

lostforawhile
03-28-2014, 03:14 PM
the hatch rear bumper is completely different, you can't put sedan mud flaps on a hatch, the coupe ones are supposed to fit the hatch, I have some on the way, so we shall see, the reason they wont fit, is the edge of the bumper where the mud flap fits, is shaped different on the hatch, I'm thinking the aerodeck rear bumper is just like the hatchback, thats another reason I want to see the pictures

sam_dd
03-29-2014, 12:02 AM
Ok, well I was wrong :D. I will try to make them before the end of the day, I am busy today.

lostforawhile
03-29-2014, 05:47 PM
spotted this on ebay today, you might be interested in it Vintage HO Scale Rietze Honda Accord EX 2 0 Aero Deck L K 1 87 Model Trains | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ho-Scale-Rietze-Honda-Accord-EX-2-0-Aero-Deck-L-K-1-87-Model-Trains-/121306268633?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item1c3e6ac3d9)

sam_dd
03-30-2014, 02:50 AM
Thanks, I have already seen a similar model, but the price was much bigger.
Here some pics of the rear bumper :
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/40/58/75/img_1435.jpg
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/40/58/75/img_1436.jpg
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/40/58/75/img_1437.jpg

sam_dd
04-01-2014, 06:10 AM
I am now looking, with the rear mud flaps, for a cup holders.
I wait for you guys to make me propositions ;)

charliekuney
04-01-2014, 05:43 PM
There are [five or] six different part numbers for the rear mud flaps. I'm not 100% sure for the aerodeck models but this makes sense to me and I know for a fact that the curve of the coupe and hatch bumpers are not the same and the pre- and post-facelift sedans are not the same so I assume that applies to the aerodeck as well.

[Note that all years of all trims of all bodies have the same front mud flaps - of course.]

- one for pre-facelift 1986-1987 sedans
- one for facelift 1988-1989 sedans
- one for all 1986-1989 hatches (never received facelift)
- one for all 1988-1989 coupes (never had original bumpers)
- one for pre-facelift 1986-1987(?) aerodecks*
- one for facelift 1988-1989(?) aerodecks*

* As I have looked at your pictures it appears that the aerodeck did not receive the facelift bumpers but I swear I have seen plenty on here that did.

lostforawhile
04-01-2014, 06:30 PM
There are [five or] six different part numbers for the rear mud flaps. I'm not 100% sure for the aerodeck models but this makes sense to me and I know for a fact that the curve of the coupe and hatch bumpers are not the same and the pre- and post-facelift sedans are not the same so I assume that applies to the aerodeck as well.

[Note that all years of all trims of all bodies have the same front mud flaps - of course.]

- one for pre-facelift 1986-1987 sedans
- one for facelift 1988-1989 sedans
- one for all 1986-1989 hatches (never received facelift)
- one for all 1988-1989 coupes (never had original bumpers)
- one for pre-facelift 1986-1987(?) aerodecks*
- one for facelift 1988-1989(?) aerodecks*

* As I have looked at your pictures it appears that the aerodeck did not receive the facelift bumpers but I swear I have seen plenty on here that did.
we shall see soon if coupe ones are close enough to fit, looking at the coupe bumpers and hatch bumpers, and the profile looks very close, all hatchbacks have the same rear bumper, the edge of the aerodeck bumper,where the mudflap goes, appears to be the same as the hatch, but the rear of the bumpers is different. It would be really interesting to see if the aerodeck rear bumper cover fits the hatch

sam_dd
04-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the clarification, it would be a difficult task then.
But I think that a model that is close enough to fit the part of the bumper were the flap is fixed will be find. May be the hatch.
And when you say that the bumpers are all different, does it also concern the part were the flap goes ?

charliekuney
04-02-2014, 04:41 PM
we shall see soon if coupe ones are close enough to fit, looking at the coupe bumpers and hatch bumpers, and the profile looks very close, all hatchbacks have the same rear bumper, the edge of the aerodeck bumper,where the mudflap goes, appears to be the same as the hatch, but the rear of the bumpers is different. It would be really interesting to see if the aerodeck rear bumper cover fits the hatch

I have trial-and-error'd the rear mud flaps many times with cars at the junkyards just by swapping the ones there. Since 1986-1987 sedans and 1988-1989 sedans have different mud flaps, it is safe to say that the coupes and hatches also do since the hatch does not have the facelift and the coupe only had the facelift.

Thanks for the clarification, it would be a difficult task then.
But I think that a model that is close enough to fit the part of the bumper were the flap is fixed will be find. May be the hatch.
And when you say that the bumpers are all different, does it also concern the part were the flap goes ?

When the facelift occurred, the front and rear bumpers changed shape. They are very different. The front bumper became more straight down at the bottom and the rear was changed just slightly enough to cause mud flaps to not fit properly. They will bolt on but the groove in the flap will not go with the line of the bumper.