PDA

View Full Version : cold air intake vs short ram intake vs intake

89accordboi
11-26-2002, 08:08 PM
what are the main differences between the 3 and what should i do for my 89 LX? :eek:

socal3rdgen
11-26-2002, 08:10 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8201

Immeraufdemhund
11-26-2002, 08:12 PM
:werd: I have a normal intake, had to cut the buger short because i didn't want to run it towards my wheels because of all the rain. I did notice a good increase, but if you dont have to worry much about rain do it right, get a CAI. short ram is good, but not as good as CAI..that's what the other thread says.

And another thing i was watching speed vision last night and Accel came out with some sort of blue filter. Easy clean does some great sorta filtering type stuff.. Anyone else hear of it? is it good? i can't find it yet i looked cause they said it was at advance. Oh well..

smufguy
11-26-2002, 08:53 PM
use the function called 'search' :D

Project-LXi
11-26-2002, 09:06 PM
speed vision? is that an import show? and if so, what channel can I find it on? That would be sweet if there was a show like that.

anchovies
11-26-2002, 11:37 PM
Speed vision is a channel. It's #62 on my clicker yyeee hawww
oh yeah... 89accordboi you have a carb, so you should know that it needs some fabrication to make it work on a carb.

89accordboi
11-27-2002, 01:30 PM
fabrication eh? care to explain more :) i want a good CAI though, the sound will be nice ( i think ). and with the CAI's are those the ones that go down by the front bumper so u can only see the piping if u pop the hood? (sry im noob)

anchovies
11-27-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by 89accordboi
fabrication eh? care to explain more :) i want a good CAI though, the sound will be nice ( i think ). and with the CAI's are those the ones that go down by the front bumper so u can only see the piping if u pop the hood? (sry im noob)

I've the more modern FI :D. Sorry can't help you.

staticpat
11-27-2002, 08:22 PM
my short ram is cool, but now im wishing i had gone for a true cai. if your gonna make one yourself, might as well go all out. i still think ram air would be most beneficial for a carb though, if you want to go through all the work.

89accordboi
11-27-2002, 11:01 PM
yeah i would go all out through the work but i dont know how im not a car guy i just want a fast car so i can race some guys and raise my self esteem and get more sex

Chrome_thangs
11-28-2002, 01:22 PM
:( In that case, you need more than an intake!! :(

smufguy
11-28-2002, 01:26 PM
i feel bad for u accordboi

PS: i love ur immitation of Marc's sig. hehe, pretty close though.

projectLx-iracer
11-28-2002, 11:10 PM
I have a CAI on my 88 Lx-i, but mine is fuel injected and yours is carbed, but yeah the CAI are the ones where you can only see the piping (which is because it goes down the the little air duct that has the little removable plastic shield over it) so that it will bring in cold air, which is much better than a short ram, you could fabricate one for yours, I'll help you if you want me to, just e-mail me, you can goto my site too and look at how I did mine if you would like, and if you e-mail me I'll give you a list of the parts I used my site is below but just in case it is www.clubhonda.cjb.net and once you enter the site click on the first link where it is talking about Project Accord,
peace