PDA

View Full Version : Tail Idea - Want as many opinions as possible

Chubs87Accord
11-27-2002, 02:08 AM
ok.. i want all of your brutally honest kick in the balls opinion...

im redoing my tails soon... they are surpa style and a bunch have seen already... what i want to do it replace the plexiglass to get the reflectors out... but theres 2 ways i want the finished product to look...

1. paint them all red, then do the supra styled tails the same way...
~or~
2. paint them red, do the supra styling, but then hit them with 1 or 2 light coats of vht so they look blacked out during the day but when they are on at night you can see them

so which one do you think? stealth it all out, or floss em all the time? BTW EVERYTHING on the outside is gonna be blacked out, except rims, neons, and the H emblems (neons and H's will be red) when its all done, and the other signals will be red with vht on em

markmdz89hatch
11-27-2002, 05:41 AM
Option 2

HostileJava
11-27-2002, 07:18 AM
2 sounds cooler but might be alot harder to pull off, I think.

smufguy
11-27-2002, 09:01 AM
how about an option 3? No straight lens or no cover with circles cut out from them? U know what MIke (A20A1) did to his tails right? do it like that. Its cleaner and better off than using a cover. U can do it altezza style without dicky chrome and lame ass red lenses inside, but just full red ones like stock. but if that is hard, i would go with option 1.

The only thing with the supra style cover is that i dont like the side cut outs, they look kinda not good. The three holes just make it tooooooooo much. u know what i mean? from the rear, they look awsome. from the side, the 3 holes one below the other is just not fitting. and thats all IMO.

Chubs87Accord
11-28-2002, 05:11 AM
yeah.. i thought there was the ablilty to see the signals frothe side, thats why i painted the circle there... idont like em.. but there isnt light visibility from the tails side so when i redo them im not putting them on there.. yeah mikes are cool.. but after i paint the car all chrome is getting painted over :D (not much chrome anyway and whatever is showing wasnt originally there due to some black plastioc wearing off) thats why im goin it all red... i really only want 2 colors on the outside (stealth)

Chubs87Accord
11-28-2002, 05:14 AM
thats why i have these 2 options - black red circles stealtier than normal... with the vht its stealth as could be.. but wouldit be too stealth?

Chubs87Accord
11-28-2002, 05:16 AM
oh and java... no hard at all... its realy easy to do then the second one is just vht sprayed on em.. the only hard part t bringing myself to spend $10 on a can of vht. but i need it for oter stuff too so....

Admiral
11-28-2002, 07:56 AM
OPTION 2! sounds cool

Midnight
11-28-2002, 11:17 AM
i got a question wut is vht? if thats the transperant paint that smokes out the light (makes them black but the light shines through)? or something else.

markmdz89hatch
11-28-2002, 01:34 PM
yeah, VHT is the company that makes the "NiteShades" paint. Niteshades is the name of the spray that is made specifically for tinting lenses, etc.

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
11-28-2002, 06:22 PM
do the 2nd one

Chubs87Accord
11-28-2002, 06:48 PM
cool... second option it is.. no offense smurfy. i was kinda leaning towards 2 anyway cause it'l be like hidden then when they go on ba theyre there.. i think it would look really clean too

Chubs87Accord
11-28-2002, 06:50 PM
i fully respect your opinion and look foward to getting it later on though... thanks for all the opinions guys

HondaBoy
11-30-2002, 09:04 PM
well if i was going to say anything it would be make em look supra style. white back up, red stpp light, and orange turn signal. i have a second opinion, if all lights are blacked out maybe go for the blacked out look on the tails too. i would do my first opinion. all out supra style.

Chubs87Accord
12-01-2002, 03:51 AM
yeah i dig the way they look with the orange... but i want to eliminate all orange to keep it all down to a few colors... which is why my bumper signals and side markers blink red instead of orange now... on teh outside its only gonna have about 3 colors black, red, and whatever the rims are ( hopefully gunmetal :D )

Chubs87Accord
12-01-2002, 03:52 AM
oh yeah... forgot the reverse/parking lights :rolleyes:

89accordboi
12-01-2002, 05:54 PM
do option 3) - go back to stock lights and paint them all candy apple red
OR
option 4) commit suicide

JUST my IMO

Chubs87Accord
12-02-2002, 04:31 AM
:lol hmmm nah i dont think the all red would look good with the rest of my design :D