PDA

View Full Version : Other Cable..

88' Accord Ltd
11-27-2002, 08:21 PM
Ok so i got a replacement carb at the junkyard this afternoon and when i got it home to compare to another shitty one i had laying around i noticed a few extras on the one i had just bought. The other things i can swap off with no problem but there is one thing that i was curious about. I know the throttle cable hooks onto the carb from the front of it (if your looking at it from the front of the car) but there is another cable that comes from the back of the carb and hooks on right by where the throttle cable does. What it hooks up to can also be removed but i was curious as to what it did? and if i needed it because i havent seen it on any other honda carbs before. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

DanG86LX
11-27-2002, 10:30 PM
Other Cable ? dunno. Can u show it here:
http://87accord.com/carbpage.html

A20A1
11-27-2002, 10:55 PM
You have a different linkage.
You don't need it if the Auto TV (Throttle Value) cable is routed throught the fire wall. or if you have 5-speed.

My carb (auto) had what you just got: 2 cables both connected to the carb.

Your carb had 1 cable connected to the carb and that was the throttle.
The other cable if you have and automatic is the automatic kickdown cable which is routed through the firewall and is connected to the accelerator pedal instead of connecting to the trottle linkage on the carb.

88' Accord Ltd
11-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Ok, I figured it musta been something to do with the transmission, because the car i took it off of was an auto. Mine is a 5 speed so I can just remove it and run it with no problems?

dXsquared
11-28-2002, 03:27 PM
yah

Travis