PDA

View Full Version : Rear Upper Ball Joints

oldsub86
11-27-2002, 08:52 PM
Replaced both rear upper ball joints tonight in about an hour and a half. Really very easy. If only all of the repairs were that way.

Randy

DoktorC
11-27-2002, 09:05 PM
I've done those acouple of times (on different accords..) and most times they are ok but if the ball joint comes apart leaving the shaft stuck in the hole (hmm) it take alittle more time.

anchovies
11-27-2002, 10:14 PM
Not if the bolt has melted!!!
Both side on mine. Did the previous owner drive thru some hot lava or sometthing..geezzzz

YK86
11-27-2002, 11:08 PM
Yeah, mine was a big ball of rust. You can't even tell what was the nut and what was the stud. I had to drill moving up in bit size until the rust ball fell off. Then the rest was easy.

Jareds 89 LX-i
11-27-2002, 11:36 PM
LOL...yea mine were rust-welded in there pretty good too. No nut or anything to grap ahold of, just a round glob of crap on there. I drilled and sawed and hammered enough that it FINALLY broke loose, after a couple hours of this.

Glad to hear it went good for you though :)

oldsub86
11-28-2002, 02:40 PM
The left side came off clean. The right side ball joint came apart when I hammered the pickle fork on. However, the ball on the end of the stud was not too rusted away so I slipped a couple of big washers on the stud to take up some slack and hammered the pickle fork on again and it popped off. Glad I didn't have to resort to drilling.

Randy

mindlos
11-29-2002, 12:28 AM
The dremel saved my rectum on these rusted+bonded nuts.

anchovies
11-29-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by mindlos
The dremel saved my rectum on these rusted+bonded nuts.

Yeah, I know what you mean mindlos. Squating is not a pleasant position for a guy :D