PDA

View Full Version : putting tv

hondarcr34
11-27-2002, 09:30 PM
ok guys its final i have my tv ps2 and radio now where do i put them. lol i was thinking..... u know where the radio goes well putting the tv there cause its more secure then makeing a spot for the radio below and then the ps2 in the "custom " glove box i dont know i need a hand with this one lol i was soo excited to get the tv i didnt think about placeing it lol ok thanks
rob

Cobraman15
11-27-2002, 10:01 PM
put it in the hood. I saw a guy do that on an import modding show on espn2. He had speakers in the hood as well. Then you can put the ps2 where the air filter is now and then get a civic short intake. :D

hondarcr34
11-28-2002, 08:41 AM
in the hood what good would it do on the indside

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
11-28-2002, 08:45 AM
Keeps the engine entertained!

Neuspeed87lx
11-28-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Cobraman15
put it in the hood. I saw a guy do that on an import modding show on espn2. He had speakers in the hood as well. Then you can put the ps2 where the air filter is now and then get a civic short intake. :D

:confused:

Chrome_thangs
11-29-2002, 11:11 PM
My thoughts exactly!:rolleyes:

LX-i prophet
11-29-2002, 11:41 PM
putting any peice of entertainment equipment in the hood reduces airflow and results in dyno-proven loss of at least 15-20 hp. instead, for maximum performance, you should put things on your luggage rack. and tie them down with bungee cord. dont use rope becuz the elastic in bungee increases structural integrity of your car and acts as a rear sway bar. guaranteed better cornering and handling and the increased aerodynamics will boost your car to almost 625-hp. guaranteed.

dXsquared
11-30-2002, 12:30 AM
hahaha... rice mods

it is exacly 1 month till my BDay!

Travis

Chubs87Accord
11-30-2002, 03:30 PM
hmmm sway bar out of bungee cords.... sounds like an idea... and it will help keep your bass box secure too :D

Cobraman15
11-30-2002, 10:24 PM
i was kidding about putting the tv in the hood. The only purpose it would serve would be to watch videos during a car show when the hood is up and if the engine got lonely :) , but practicality wise putting a tv in the hood is a horrible idea.

wckdonex
12-08-2002, 11:24 AM
make a custom box for the screen that would go infront of the clock on dash. Pull the clock and use that spot for running wires. This way it is visible to all in vehicle. as for the PS2, not sure. I know it can stand vertical, so maybe kick panel, or right next to bottom console. Just a thought.

Neuspeed87lx
12-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Cobraman15
i was kidding about putting the tv in the hood. The only purpose it would serve would be to watch videos during a car show when the hood is up and if the engine got lonely :) , but practicality wise putting a tv in the hood is a horrible idea.

lol ok good ..

Tim Yoak
12-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Don't try to put the tv in the dash where the clock is, I have two gauges in a custom billet panel i built and it was a nightmare. There is just no room there. The two gauge panel is 3/8 thick just because i needed the clearance for the gauges. Now you could pull the dash and rework the heat/air duct there with fiberglass, but this is for the very experienced.

dXsquared
12-08-2002, 06:13 PM
u can easily put a TV on the dash... the one i wanna get has a small stand that will bolt on to the dash. and the clock hole will be a perfect place to run wires!

Travis

Tim Yoak
12-09-2002, 08:48 PM
I thought you wanted to put it in thedash, not on the dash. At your clock plug, you have ignition hot, memory hot, ground, and illumination. This illumination does not go through the dimmer control

Tim Yoak
12-09-2002, 08:48 PM
I thought you wanted to put it in thedash, not on the dash. At your clock plug, you have ignition hot, memory hot, ground, and illumination. This illumination does not go through the dimmer control

hondarcr34
12-09-2002, 08:52 PM
yea it is a indash tv not one that gets bolted down to the dash

Thorny88Lx
12-10-2002, 10:58 AM
ok if you really want to to do this RIGHT then listen up.
First of all, anyone who is an avid video game player (like me) and owns a PS2, knows that unless the PS2 is not stable, then it will scratch the discs and ruin the lens. I could explain how to or make you a stablizer, more on that later.
Now if you get past that point you are doing good. The best way to get the AUDIO portion working good is not to plug it into the OUT because if you think about it what does the word OUT mean? What I did is went to radioshack and bought a portable walkman, 2 female rca jacks, a female phono(headphone) jack, a portable cd player to tape converter and a male to male phono plug.

http://claneaol.netfirms.com/wiring.bmp

hondarcr34
12-10-2002, 12:58 PM
hey bud that sounds wicked and organized but i am a little confussed on every thing lol both the stabilizer and the all the wires if u could explain more that would be great thanks for the help
rob feel free to email me [email protected]

89AccordNate
12-10-2002, 01:44 PM
I think you guys are all ghetto. All it takes is to take the system, plug the video jack into the wire of the tv and the audio jack into the back of the Aux in of the cd player. My roof mounted lcd and cd player work flawlessly. Sound through my speakers of the dreamcast.

Drop the ghetto, and do it right. I bought a new cd player just for the aux in input.

Nate.

Thorny88Lx
12-10-2002, 02:00 PM
Well now if I had of known that we were talking about a deck that had an AUDIO IN we wouldnt be having this discussion now would we?

pearldrop
12-10-2002, 03:00 PM
FM modulators work wonders...

89AccordNate
12-11-2002, 09:02 AM
I had an fm modulator and there is no way it had NEAR the pep that the Aux in does with bass, etc. Compare cd quality to radio quality..and you can see the difference.

Nate.

HostileJava
12-11-2002, 01:24 PM
Actually putting in the hood sound like a cool idea, before you start laughing hear me out. This will probably cost a lot of money but, you could make a hood cowl (I think that's what there called, the backward scoops) and mount the LCD in the cowl part that comes up over the windshield. That way both people in the front and someone sitting in the middle in the back could watch it.

hondarcr34
12-11-2002, 06:51 PM
im straight with that lol i dont want a clown car
but nice idea U SHOULD TRY IT SOME TIME