PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here ever ordered from Rockauto?

LewZur
04-08-2014, 08:37 AM
I've never ordered from them and was just wondering if anyone has would you mind sharing your experience. How was the customer service? How are they with returns? What was your average wait time to receive your parts? Anyone have any complaints about them?

cygnus x-1
04-08-2014, 12:46 PM
I've never ordered from them and was just wondering if anyone has would you mind sharing your experience. How was the customer service? How are they with returns? What was your average wait time to receive your parts? Anyone have any complaints about them?

I've ordered lots of parts from them. Prices are usually better than just about anywhere else. Never had to return anything or deal with customer service so I can't comment on that. Parts show up pretty quickly unless they're coming from a warehouse that's farther away. But even then I don't think I've ever waited more than a week or so.

There are two thing to watch for though. First is to make sure that the part you are ordering is really the one you need. Sometimes their catalog is confusing when there are multiple versions of a part; like front/rear/left/right brake calipers.
The second thing is to watch the shipping. They have multiple warehouse so if your parts are shipping from more than one place you pay shipping from each place. So sometimes it's better to pick parts that are all coming from the same place instead of just picking the cheapest ones. It's hard to explain; you just have to mess around with it a bit.

C|

2oodoor
04-08-2014, 03:03 PM
I love RockAuto and buy there more than local places. They have closeout specials, excellant return service and customer service is top notch in my opinion.
i love to be working on my car during the week, at home, and the fed x truck pulls up and brings me what I am needing next!
A few months ago they had a name brand wiper special, anco, bosch..wipers are expensive like 12 to 25 bucks each. I got like 200 bucks worth for 28 dollars. Five different vehicles.

LewZur
04-10-2014, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm about to make my first purchase.

Charlie5280
04-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Rockauto is pretty good.

I also use Honda Parts Online......OEM Honda Parts Online (http://www.hondapartsonline.net)

Oldblueaccord
04-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Prices are very good. Selection also very good.

Returns for me a pia cuz you pay shipping to send it back so on there screwup your paying for it but like summit racing its the same.

2oodoor
04-13-2014, 04:53 PM
Prices are very good. Selection also very good.

Returns for me a pia cuz you pay shipping to send it back so on there screwup your paying for it but like summit racing its the same.

They didn't ask for a set of wires back that had one wire an inch too short, they just resent another set that was correct. I did lose out on core returns quite a few times...just not worth the hassle or expense sometimes.

LewZur
04-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Well, I'll see how it goes. Hopefully I won't have to return anything. Half my order arrives Tuesday, the other half Wednesday. I do most of my ordering through Summit, but for these Accords they just don't offer much variety. So I used Rock Auto for about half the stuff I needed and will use Summit for the rest as soon as I can get some money saved up.

gyates93
04-14-2014, 07:24 AM
I've used rockauto several times and I am quite happy, but their customer service dept sometimes is not the best. They've sent me some parts before that don't fit (Strut bellows) , but it costs too much for me to return the things for it to be worth my while.

The shipping is fast, even up to Canada, and the duty charges are prepaid and included in the shipping, so the number you see is the number you pay, no surprises at the border. I recommend Canadians choose parts that have the US as their country of origin. Also, mess around with different parts until you find parts that ship from the same warehouse using the little truck symbols. I normally do this by deciding what part is most important to have good quality and choose a brand I want, then I choose other brands that ship from the same warehouse for the rest of my parts.

I avoid buying their cheapest parts because I'm worried about the quality of them.. You don't buy brake pads by Friction-Master or Kemparts for 7 dollars and expect them not to squeak. I always go for name brands I recognize such as Moog, Raybestos, Wagner, ACDelco, Bosch, NGK, etc.

I had an upper ball joint go bad last spring, so I decided I would replace the two upper control arms with ball joints and bushings. Here in Kingston the cheapest I could get the arms for was $80 each, and the bushings were $20 each (aka $40 per arm!) equaling out to 240 dollars before tax. I went on Rockauto and ordered upper control arms with bushings, tie rod ends, lower ball joints, and sway bar links for 280 shipped to my door, all good quality Moog components. I also ordered a set of front struts and springs for my Accord because I had a single broken coil spring, and I got the struts(Monroe) and springs(Moog) from Rockauto for cheaper than I could buy a pair of springs locally.

Overall, great site if you know what you're looking for!