PDA

View Full Version : Prelude Master Cylinder on a 2gee?

2geeSEi
04-08-2014, 10:02 AM
I was going to replace the master cylinder on my 2gee, and I noticed that the one for a 2gee Lude has a larger bore, but otherwise looks exactly the same. Has anyone tried to interchange these?

obd0driver
04-08-2014, 10:49 AM
OK so I just ran down this road. You can swap of to any Mc you would like you just need a spacer if the post the go's in the booster is longer then the stock one. Here's a couple of ideas that's you can try.

Spacer set up. This would work with just about any oem Honda mc
S2000 OEM Honda Clutch Master Cylinder & Spacer Combo (Used for Civic/Integra) (http://www.bwrusa.com/product_p/bwfl-cm01-honda.htm)

Manuel brakes like I just did.
Chase Bays Brake Booster Eliminator - Universal Chase Bays - ChaseBays.com (http://www.chasebays.com/product/universal-chase-bays/chase-bays-brake-booster-eliminator)

2geeSEi
04-08-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm not looking to get too crazy and spend a bunch of money on it. I am just looking to find out for sure whether it would be a direct bolt-on like it looks that it would. In the photos, the rod looks to be the same length.

2ndGenGuy
04-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Can you order it at NAPA or something and bring yours in to compare it? I don't think rod length will matter as long as it's not WAAAY longer, since you should have adjustment for that...

You could even trace around the outside of it on some paper and take that to the auto parts store.

obd0driver
04-11-2014, 05:42 AM
Your gonna need a spacer. That's why I post those links you can get just a spacer. The rod length will be different (short). I spent 5 hour's at a parts shop mixing and matching boosters and Mc. Anything new the your's is different. The hard lines aren't gonna be in right spot so you have to bend them to fit or get new ones made. Also the first like isn't crazy it's a spacer and a Mc "plug and play" but I'm guessing you just shot it down without looking deeper Into it.

obd0driver
04-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Also look at the cost. There all about the same whether you go with the stock one for place it with a bigger one like the s2000

2geeSEi
04-11-2014, 07:31 AM
I just ended up getting the stock one. Like I said, I needed to replace mine and was wondering if it would fit. And Richard, it was not one from a newer car that I was looking at. It was from an 84 Prelude, and it looked like everything was identical, but none of the parts stores had either one in stock, so I couldn't compare. The car stops great with the Prelude rear disks. I was just thinking that I could have a cheap upgrade if they were interchangeable.

obd0driver
04-11-2014, 08:15 AM
Nice. So the lude one wouldn't have been a upgrade in you because their the same. The fluid reservoir is just bigger. You can put that on your now. If you wanted a better Mc you would have to go with something like I posted

2geeSEi
04-11-2014, 08:24 AM
The fluid reservoir is the same. The bore is bigger 7/8 vs. 13/16 for stock.