PDA

View Full Version : The winking headlight

Kid_Hatchback
05-16-2002, 09:21 AM
This isn't a problem for me anymore. BUt i saw a post on the old board that was never answered. The guy said his headlight was sort of opening and closing like it was possesed. I tried to fix mine first by replacing the headlight motor, then i tried loosening the screws that let it swivel. Both of which failed. What it came down to was that fixture that the light is in provides a resting point for the light at it's open position. The previous owner of my car had failed to mention he'd been in an accident which bent a few parts of the frame. This made it so that the headlight never came to a rest and the headlight motor kepty retrying to open to the point of rest and never found it. So driving down the road i had a winking effect. Because more than just the headlight frame was bent i had to improvise and build up the area that was supposed to act as the rest with some bolts and a little sheet metal. But i'd guess anyone else having a similar problem could probably just find a new headlight fixture that wasn't bent.

Hope this helps that guy, whoever he was. And anyone else who has this embarassing problem in the future.