PDA

View Full Version : just wanna know

Neuspeed007
11-28-2002, 12:07 PM
is there a way to open up your RPM's on an automatic, so it doesnt shift so damn early?? thad be sweet
thx- :confused:

Mantis88LX
11-28-2002, 12:26 PM
just hold the gas all the way down, when i hold the gas all the way down it changes rght at redline, you dont want to go into redline unless u have a lot of mods. not sure what all u need ask A20A1.

AccordEpicenter
11-28-2002, 01:08 PM
well one time i messed around with the tv cable (way loose) and the tranny loosend itself up, let the engine spin a little in between shifts and that made the car roughly 1-1.5 faster 0-60, but from what im told it makes the tranny get very hot very fast and wears out your clutches prematurely because in the shift, when the engine picks up revs before going into gear, the clutches are slipping and making lots of heat, so Id stay away from doing it.

smufguy
11-28-2002, 01:22 PM
an automatic does not have a clutch.

yeah like mantis said just floor it and u will see it shifts pretty late. The only good thing about that on a 4g is the ECT management that actually pushes the shift points a further up for quicker acceleration, but i guess our 3g lacks em bad. my 4g usually shifts at 6 (its redline is 6.5) no matter how hard u push ur pedal to the floor, that is saying ur on D4. if u dont wanna do tat, just go from 1, 2, D3 and D4 if that wont mess up ur tranny.

bajanviper
11-30-2002, 10:51 PM
I was under the impression also that auto trannys did have small clutches. That is what allows it to engage gears without stripping them.......on the higher RPM before shifts question..I use the technique mentioned quite frequently...I like to think of the relationship as a Tranny fluid pressure vs gear number.....the higher the presure the lower the gear within the limitations of gear to speed relationships....similarly you can force the tranny into a higher gear by releasing the pressure...comes in handy if you find your rpms are getting too high(outside the peak HP range) for mine I think its between 3000-4000 (stock) I may be wrong though.

A20A1
12-01-2002, 01:53 AM
ahh... how the dust has collected on this pic.

ok once you locate the tv cable adjustment nuts you can begin:

First loosen nut "A", this will make sure that your accel cable isn't being restricted by an overly tight tv cable.
Next have someone or something hold the gas pedal at full throttle with the car off.
With the Accel cable at it max, loosen nut "B".
Now you can begine to tighten the cable by tightening nut "A". You will see the lever rise... keep tightening nut "A" till you almost reach the maximum height the lever will travel. you should have somethig like 2mm of free play... it's a very small amount... just don't max out the cable tightness.
anyways tighten nut "B" to lock the cable in place... recheck the freeplay and release the accelerator pedal.
Go for a test dirve.

Neuspeed007
12-03-2002, 01:49 AM
awesome

bajanviper
12-03-2002, 05:39 AM
would this have any effect on the tranny as AccordEpicenter
said ie getting hot and lots of slipping? and what does tv stand for? is it throttle valve?

A20A1
12-03-2002, 04:51 PM
TV = Throttle Value