PDA

View Full Version : seems like everyone is having light problems...

jlaccord89lxi
11-28-2002, 07:22 PM
mine is the "trunk open" light on the small car diagram on the dash (inside the circle with the gas & temp guages). I went to work this morning and the red light was not on. I went out to my car to leave work (11 hours later) and i turned the car on and then on came the light. I got out to see if my subs were still there, and thank goodness they were ( i do have an alarm, but you know how it is), and then i slammed the trunk shut a few times and everytime, the light stayed on. I took the bulb out for now because it will kill my battery. It was kinda cold today, but i don't see how that would cause a malfunction somewhere, especially since the car didn't move all day, and the light was off when i got there, and then on when i left. NO SENSE!!! any thoughts... :wtf:

2old_honda
11-28-2002, 08:28 PM
My trunk light does weird stuff like that sometimes too. I just go and giggle the latch (the switch is in the latch on the trunk lid) and it goes away. You might want to try and look in there and see if the switch is stuck, or the wire harness on it could be loose.

89LXiCoupe
11-29-2002, 09:27 AM
Mine does that too. It used to do that a lot However, after slamming the trunklid a couple times, I solved the problem.

Immeraufdemhund
11-29-2002, 04:57 PM
save your latch. i guess i'd either disconnect the two wires, or tie them together which ever turns off the light. And i wouldn't worry about it draining your battery. I used to have a weird thing going on with my doors and so 2 lights would be on all the time. I didn't drive my car for like 3 days and it didn't drain the battery too bad. I still started up just fine. It's not the volts that will kill your battery it's the watts. The more watts you take and use the quicker you battery dies. Those small little lights in the back and on the door are like 4w or something like that.. nothing to be concerned over. It's the 85w on your headlamps that are a bugger. or your 10000MW sound system. just a thought.

offthahook
11-29-2002, 10:05 PM
If it is just the dash light, it goes out when the car is cut off. If it is the actual trunk luggage light, that would stay on all the times...

87accord
11-30-2002, 12:05 AM
I have the same problem with mine. i have the brake light thinge come on and all my lights work:wtf:

jlaccord89lxi
11-30-2002, 09:15 AM
as usual it fixed itself. It might sound weird, but i've had my wiper washer pump motor unplugged all week becuase the tank was leaking, it is now plugged back in and the trunk light is no longer malfuntioning..................GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!