PDA

View Full Version : sucky gas milage

Mantis88LX
05-16-2002, 09:38 AM
im getting really sucky gas mileage, i can also smell gas after i get done driving,

ohh yea and has anyone figured out what the fuck is the problem with the gas guage, mine is still screwed up, when driving it reads higher , when i come to a stop the guage goes back down to the normal amount, sorry but this is just pissing me off, :mad:

thanx in advance :flash:

Jdub07
05-16-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Mantis88LX
im getting really sucky gas mileage, i can also smell gas after i get done driving,

ohh yea and has anyone figured out what the fuck is the problem with the gas guage, mine is still screwed up, when driving it reads higher , when i come to a stop the guage goes back down to the normal amount, sorry but this is just pissing me off, :mad:

thanx in advance :flash:

Ummmm mine KINDA does that (the needle thing) I have had other cars that have done that too. I thinks it just the gas sloshing around in there. Mine rarely does it and it's usually when I am lower on gas.

killerb09
05-17-2002, 03:27 AM
yup it's the bad part at having an old car....mechanical gas gauge....
thing I hate is my gas light will come on then go off after awhil....I mean really did gas somehow get in my tank????

shepherd79
05-17-2002, 03:54 AM
about gas leaking, take your filter out and see if it leakes around fuel flow adjusting screw. it did on mine. you can buy the oring at autozone or anyother parts store. check your fuel filters. you should have two, one by the tank and the other under the hood.
if you still running regular filter i would recoment getting K&N filter. they are not expensive but they do improve your gas mileage. it did on my at least.
good luck.