PDA

View Full Version : My car has been stolen

PDXAccord79
04-17-2014, 08:01 AM
Plate 363 ECS. It was stolen out of my space last night in SE Portland. Looks like this is the end, guys. If you see it please report it stolen.

http://i.imgur.com/FPk2Abf.jpg

NotFast
04-17-2014, 11:31 AM
That sucks dude hope you get it back.

JohnBoy
04-17-2014, 01:24 PM
there rare, but if you find it put a dead man switch on the fuel pump or ignition.

Honda Man
04-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Damn that breaks my heart hearing this man :/ hope you get her back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

PDXAccord79
04-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Found her. Some asshole screwdrivered the ignition but she's back. Who wants to sell me an ignition control switch?

HLW
04-17-2014, 10:50 PM
That's great you got your car back. It sucks that the ignition control switch got messed up.

HLW
04-17-2014, 11:22 PM
There is an ignition lock cylinder on Ebay no key though.
I messed up that was not for an accord.

lostforawhile
04-18-2014, 05:57 PM
I just found an ignition lock for sale brand new for the 86 not ebay,but regular site so they probably sell yours, hidden fuel pump switch and add layers of protection, probably joy riders

Dr_Snooz
04-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Noooooo! That sucks! So glad you got it back though.

79cord
04-24-2014, 04:32 AM
Very relieved to hear you got Accord back in a reasonable state after all the work you have put in to it.
The ignition systems condensor is located near the coil on the engine side of the firewall. A switch interupting the wireing to it very effectively incapacitates things too.

lostforawhile
04-24-2014, 04:25 PM
try to get a part number for the ignition lock, chances are a civic one of the same year or a different accord one interchange. If you find one for sale without the key, any decent locksmith can make a new key

Hazwan
04-25-2014, 05:53 AM
Glad to hear you got her back!

I'd look into getting a kill switch or two installed. I installed a fuel pump kill switch and its pretty easy. Can't help with the ignition switch though but I swear I've seen it for sale once on ebay?

PDXAccord79
05-10-2014, 08:36 PM
I found an ignition and managed to swap my gates into it so my key works! Now I just need to try the same for the door lock...

As for the ignition lock I found an RFID reader on the cheap on ebay and will be using that to kill the ignition. The reader will fit right under the ignition lock once I Dremel the screw tabs off. I don't want to tie it into the coil wire yet until I also wire in an Ardunio that will unlock the system after it gets a signal from the RFID reader for a few seconds. Having my car die on the freeway because it can't read the RFID chip sounds like a bad time. The Ardunio is down the road and I think the RFID reader will be fine for now.

Has anyone taken apart a door lock to get old keys to work? The ignition tumbler wasn't that bad so I'm hoping the door lock is also easy.

lostforawhile
05-10-2014, 11:23 PM
I found an ignition and managed to swap my gates into it so my key works! Now I just need to try the same for the door lock...

As for the ignition lock I found an RFID reader on the cheap on ebay and will be using that to kill the ignition. The reader will fit right under the ignition lock once I Dremel the screw tabs off. I don't want to tie it into the coil wire yet until I also wire in an Ardunio that will unlock the system after it gets a signal from the RFID reader for a few seconds. Having my car die on the freeway because it can't read the RFID chip sounds like a bad time. The Ardunio is down the road and I think the RFID reader will be fine for now.

Has anyone taken apart a door lock to get old keys to work? The ignition tumbler wasn't that bad so I'm hoping the door lock is also easy.
they were pain in the ass, find a good locksmith who has been around for a while they can do it pretty easy if they are good

niles
05-11-2014, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I'm sure if you took the door handle off and brought it to a locksmith it would be pretty cheap.

I switched out my door lock cylinder and it was a real pain in the ass! There are two tabs you have to push in at the same time (I'm sure there is a special tool for this) to get the cylinder out. It's one of those things that sounds easy but is incredibly difficult lol

Oh shit, sorry. Didn't realize this was a 1gee. I was talking about my 3gee.

Dr_Snooz
05-11-2014, 08:49 AM
Arduinos are awesome!

niles
05-11-2014, 10:35 AM
They sure are, I'm programming one right now for LED tail lights I'm designing

Dr_Snooz
05-13-2014, 07:59 AM
I built a sprinkler controller for my garden. It checks the moisture level of the soil (actually the conductivity of the soil) once per hour. If the moisture level is too low, it runs the sprinkler for 15 minutes. It keeps the plants watered year round in all weather. I don't have to worry about rain sensors or heat waves or anything. The controller handles it all with zero input from me. If you've ever had to fight with normal sprinkler controllers, you'll understand just how awesome this setup is. I can't believe that you can't buy it from the store, but I looked and you can't. You can spend a fortune for a controller that is a constant headache or build a good one yourself using an Arduino. My next project will be a system that drains my plumbing when it freezes, so I don't have a bunch of plumbing repairs after every freeze.

79cord
05-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Door locks are dead easy to remove & swap the tumblers around in the barrel... Though I must get around to doing mine...

2ndGenGuy
05-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Shit man! I'm glad you got it back! Not even our cars are safe anymore it seems. Someone ripped off some 4x120 Enkeis (SUPER RARE) from a 1st gen Civic up in Seattle last week. I dunno what they think they're gonna do with them, since they won't fit anything but a 1g Civic or Accord. And our community is pretty small. Oh man these aren't 4x100!

PDXAccord79
06-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Ya I have some Enki Comp 8's I want to put on mine but now I'm worried they'll be stolen. Hopefully these guys wise up and realize that there's no point in stealing a car this old.

So does anyone have pictures of how to slide the tumblers out of the door locks? I haven't had a chance to do it yet and seeing it before I do it would help.